IGNORED

Long Day Tomorrow

BHC

Heading up with a friend of mine who is nice enough to give me a hand.....Setting up in a new area for this coming deer season, and no better time then tomorrow to climb the tree, and pick out what needs to be trimmed away well before the woods start to grow......I'll be happy once this is done, and will return in mid/late August to put the stand back up

7 minutes ago, BHC said:

Heading up with a friend of mine who is nice enough to give me a hand.....Setting up in a new area for this coming deer season, and no better time then tomorrow to climb the tree, and pick out what needs to be trimmed away well before the woods start to grow......I'll be happy once this is done, and will return in mid/late August to put the stand back up

You going to put up a stand, I am assuming ladder stand, trim your shooting lanes and take the stand down only to come back in August to put it back up again? :shock: Why not do it all in August?

1 minute ago, Lunatic said:

You going to put up a stand, I am assuming ladder stand, trim your shooting lanes and take the stand down only to come back in August to put it back up again? :shock: Why not do it all in August?

heat, humidity, ticks with thick woods in August......using ladder sticks with a loc-on stand

26 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Long day to hang and do one set up ?

takes less than 5 minutes to hang a stand with a set of sticks .

Ummm not when there is a good amount of trimming to do and the walk is 3 miles deep

11 minutes ago, BHC said:

Ummm not when there is a good amount of trimming to do and the walk is 3 miles deep

The walk in and out will take some time . ( unless it’s with RB , because he walks like a 20 year old)

‘but hanging a stand as well as trimming shooting lanes shouldn’t take more than a half hour after you have selected your tree .

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

20 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

The walk in and out will take some time . ( unless it’s with RB , because he walks like a 20 year old)

‘but hanging a stand as well as trimming shooting lanes shouldn’t take more than a half hour after you have selected your tree .

It takes me 4 to 5 hrs every August to hang and trim four stands. That’s working alone 

2 hours ago, BHC said:

Since it is a new area, have you used a camera to find directions deer are approaching, etc? I never hang a stand until I have done the intel first.