IGNORED

Brand new NJ Turkey hunter!

njtransplant

Hello everyone,

I won my first ever turkey permit from the lottery this year. I actually got 2 permits for zone 15. Period A & Period B. I was wondering if anyone else on here hunts in zone 15? I see some areas are off limits to hunting in that zone and I am having a hard time finding info online. (all I see is info about visiting Batsto village). I plan on going out sometime in the near future and scoping some locations out...but I guess my question is this, what is access like into the zone? Do a lot of people turkey hunt there? Has anyone had success hunting this area? I am not looking  to crowd anyone, just curious about the area because I have never hunted it before. I am interested in any advice, tips or recommendations anyone has for hunting in zone 15. 

Thanks and good luck to everyone headed out next month!    

Wharton state forest. Lots of land.  
Jackson road. 
Atsion road.  
Chew road
Just a few roads that are in or go along Wharton. Get your self a map. Outline the zone.  Some of Wharton is in other turkey zones(16) so watch your borders.  

I seen longbeards by pilgrim lake in Wharton bike ridden. 2 weeks ago lot of land out there. Pretty sure that's zone 15

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk