IGNORED

Don't Forget Your Tick Spray

BHC

With Spring Turkey season coming next month don't forget your tick spray. I stopped using Sawyers as it's expensive and the last 5 years been using this and works as good and at a fraction of the cost...I mix 1 ounce of product to 16 ounces of water in a spray bottle and spray my clothing, it dries and is scent free....I never seen a tick on me. ordered it from Tractor Supply and will pick it up once the local store contacts me, it's not sold at their stores

Martin's Control Solutions Permethrin Insect Control, 13.3%, 8 oz.

image.png.fc34b28e3a712fab26f90270da2301f9.png

Edited by BHC

• 4 weeks later...

I live in the Pinelands and had 3 in me in the last two days. Time to break out my Permanone spray for my clothes and Triazanine for my yard.

At least I have become immune to all the chiggers down here. They used to destroy me. 

Pulled a female deer tick nymph off my scrotum last night, already starting to bloat.  Don't know how it got there since I've been wearing treated pants all week, unless it got in there during a squat in the woods or while in bed.  Debating whether or not to see the doc on Monday since there is no rash, just a little red by the bite as usual.

1 hour ago, Greybeard said:

Debating whether or not to see the doc on Monday since there is no rash, just a little red by the bite as usual.

It takes between 36-48 hours for a deer tick to transmit Lyme.  I’m not saying don’t go to the dr. (I likely would), I’ve battled Lyme twice; just saying not to worry extensively if you believe you removed the tick within that window of time.  

38 minutes ago, Zone50BugNerd said:

It takes between 36-48 hours for a deer tick to transmit Lyme.  I’m not saying don’t go to the dr. (I likely would), I’ve battled Lyme twice; just saying not to worry extensively if you believe you removed the tick within that window of time.  

That's the problem, I don't know how long it was there.   I've heard or read 24hrs.  Maybe it depends how quickly they attach once they're on you.  it was probably 48 hrs since that's the last time I was in the woods, but who knows how long it took to attach.  I'll see how it looks on Monday.  Think it would show a rash by then if it's going to.  I've had worse bites that I let go. 

7 hours ago, GilV said:

I live in the Pinelands and had 3 in me in the last two days. Time to break out my Permanone spray for my clothes and Triazanine for my yard.

At least I have become immune to all the chiggers down here. They used to destroy me. 

I did not know that Chiggers were in New Jersey.

I thought they are more in the Southeast.

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge.