IGNORED

Bear hide?

Depends on who you ask but it’s been explained to me that once it’s tanned, it becomes a finished product and no longer counts as “animal parts”. Fur bearers are legal to sell as are deer hides and taxidermy specimens are legal to sell so why not a bear hide? To be sure I would ask 3 wardens and hope not to get 3 different answers. 

2 minutes ago, Shakyjake said:

Depends on who you ask but it’s been explained to me that once it’s tanned, it becomes a finished product and no longer counts as “animal parts”. Fur bearers are legal to sell as are deer hides and taxidermy specimens are legal to sell so why not a bear hide? To be sure I would ask 3 wardens and hope not to get 3 different answers. 

I don't think  selling taxidermy specimens is legal in NJ.
I am not sure about bear hide. If I used logic I would say yes but we are in NJ   

With proper paperwork , taxidermy can be sold........I have seen auction houses have taxidermy confiscated by the feds.........

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

Federal Law allows the sale of bear hides.

NJ allows the sale of clothes made from hides as long as they are properly labeled.

Sew a button on one side and a loop on the other and call it a cape that's worn.  Stick a label on it and sell it.

https://law.justia.com/codes/new-jersey/2019/title-56/section-56-14-1/

Edited by nickmarch

Tanned is finished by law. If it were illegal to sell a taxidermied animal then every restaurant, bar, club and store with them on display would be shut down. Buying taxidermy animals is a big business and I’ve seen them get bought and sold many times in NJ. 

In NJ you can not sell bear skins.
You can not buy or sell a NJ harvested bear in any state.

NJ does not allow the sale of antlers, bears or bear parts, turkeys or turkey parts, no matter in what condition they are in. But ice seen people sell bear claw necklaces and bear fur pillows because they are turned into a product. (If you got enough money to fight the charge and prove yourself innocent then go for it.. but I was told that it is the commercialization of wildlife that is illegal in nj.)

Federal laws prevent the sale of anything migratory from crows, waterfowl, etc.

Taxisermists in NJ can not sell mounted bucks, bears, migratory birds or turkeys.

Any animal you wish to sell you need to have proof of where it was harvested. You also need to know if the state it came from allows the sale, the state you're selling to allows the sale, and the state you're selling from allows the sale.

Only way around it is to have proof it's over 100 years old which makes it "antique" and then it can be sold I believe..but try and prove it...

Basically you are forced to give it away.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Just now, Kype said:

nothing is legal in this state. except being illegal and pot. 

Don't forget being able to have 10 lbs of weed and 10 gallons of vodka. 

If you're 17 years old  or less if the cop stops you he can't question or he or she is looking at fine and 5-10 in jail.

Great State

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

No, see NJ Statute Title 23:4-27

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."