IGNORED

Airgun Recommendations?

wrmink

I've got a Benjamin NP 1500 killed squirrels 0ut to 55 yrds 

Gun is fast and accurate especially with the Charlie del tuna after market trigger.

Honestly the 22 is slower but harder hitting.

I got my gun out the door at Jim Flynn's$270

20141119_170832.jpg

Edited by Roon

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

1 hour ago, madeinuk said:

I thought that the NP 1500 was only made in 177, they make a 22 one as well?  I will have head to Mr Flynn’s myself and soon!

NP 1500 .177 yes 

The .22 I believe is NP 1100?

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

RWS Diana’s best guns for the $$.

Pyramid Air if you want crazy performance.

I have both. The RWS is more accurate and faster 1350. Per second. However my PA is 22 cal and 950 feet a second, and much better for squirrels and chucks. Very similar to 2o GA buckshot and 12. Penetration is key in these areas..

9 minutes ago, wrmink said:

what are everybody’s thoughts on spring vs. pcp vs. co2?  The price is right on this spring gun, and it doesn’t appear to have a silencer. https://www.shootersnj.com/products/accessories-umarex-2244001-723364440014-2950

The reason I didn't go with PCP/gas operated is because now you have to invest in the equipment (or have a supplier) to fill the gun up. For myself, I didn't want to invest a lot of money just to be able to go out a few times a year to go squirrel hunting with it (I don't target shoot a lot with it). I'm fine with a single-shot and having to break/pump to re-charge after each shot.

Of course, the trade off is accuracy and quality. The gun I have (Benjamin Titan NP .22), I had to put a new scope and replacement trigger on it (because the ones that came with it were so bad) - so all total I think my gun cost between $200 and $300. The accuracy sucks out past 25 yards. I get a lot of flyers, too. So I keep my shots at 20 yards and under.

In short, with air guns (as with most other things), you get what you pay for. You just have to go into it expecting this and knowing the pros-and-cons.

But, all that said, it does work and I have fun with it out in the field.

post-950-0-22955100-1486238434.jpg

I have a Hatsan 125 .22cal.  It shoots great.  Avg. velocity i'm getting from a 14.66 gr. pellet is right around 905fps.  Just like a rifle, you should shoot different pellets to see which ones your gun likes.  I bought a Straight shooters sampler a few years back.  Not surprisingly, my Hatsan shot best with Hatsan(Vortex) pellets.

20210314_110639.thumb.jpg.33ac8fd836fd5c826602cf4edab33ad4.jpg

20210314_110613.thumb.jpg.a485b512f2eee0ad09997b433567b1eb.jpg