IGNORED

Tips for trolling Round Valley

I have a 16 ModV Jon Boat with 2 downriggers on it.  I haven't trolled much with the downriggers and never for trout.  Any tips on rigging, what lures to use etc..?   Trying to keep it somewhat simple as I'll have my 5 year old son fishing with me.  i.e., don't want to be pulling 10 rods. 

Thanks,
Mike

Go to the bait store get live bait . Troll straight out from the ramp a ways until you get to the drop off. I usually put one at 35 feet and one at 45 feet . Look for bait pods on fish finder and drop just a little lower than the bait pods. You can also go to the right side where its deep and drop live bait to the bottom with weight. Lakers over there hit pretty regular I just dont eat lakers. 

You won’t be able to get herring this time of the year but could get shiners. Herring are much better. If you’re trolling I do very well on small spoons, 2 inches or less chrome with green stripe and if it’s cloudy copper works very well. Mooselook wobblers are great for lakers this time of year. Also small rainbow trout colored jointed Rapalas will catch fish.

AWM

2 hours ago, MikeStaten said:

Thanks for information.  I don't care what kind of trout we get.  Just to get outside and into some fish would be great.  Are there any bait stores out that way anymore?

There used to be a little store at the end of Cherry Street. Don't know if it's still there. Be careful with the weather there. It's taken more than a few lives. @MaineBuxis a guy to talk to about fishing there.

Fishing with a youngster stick to fishing for browns and rainbows .

can just troll medium running stick baits and do well ..

fishing the top 25’ 

leave down rigger and deep  laker fishing for days with another  adult 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

1 hour ago, bucky said:

If you take route 22 to get there these guys can hook you up with live bait and maybe have some good tips

https://njsportinglife.com/

The sporting life is where I get my bait from, always friendly there and he will offer some tips if you ask, he is only about 6 or 7 miles from Round Valley and depending where you are coming from there might not be anyplace closer, just call him to check his winter hours and I think he is closed on Mondays. 

2 hours ago, electric10162 said:

There used to be a little store at the end of Cherry Street. Don't know if it's still there. Be careful with the weather there. It's taken more than a few lives. @MaineBuxis a guy to talk to about fishing there.

I think the guy on Cherry Street is out of business, but I am not sure. There were a couple of places in Lebanon but I think they are closed also, and again I am not 100% sure.