IGNORED

Maiden voyage

Timo

Hey guys. Taking the kayak out for its first trip this weekend. I’ve been scout places and routes all winter on google earth. Really want to hit the Passaic but the it’s flooded out in spots. Any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Timo said:

Hey guys. Taking the kayak out for its first trip this weekend. I’ve been scout places and routes all winter on google earth. Really want to hit the Passaic but the it’s flooded out in spots. Any recommendations?

Okay you're young you'r excited you have cabin fever. Your help bent on the Passaic River, if you must go stay away from the portions in Passaic county like Fairfield, unless you have MSG Dan as your guide,there's a spot I used to go when I lived in the area free launch, free parking, and a dock. it's been a while I don't know if anything changed but check it out.I used to take my boat down to Passaic to the hacky across Newark Bay into the Hudson and into Raritan Bay. It's in Lyndhurst right on the River on River road about half a mile North of route 7 the bellville Pike. You'll see a Little League field. It's tidal water there so check the tides.get there an hour before high tide and you'll have three hours of calm water.

https://passaicriverbasin.com/prb4recreation_boat.html

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Okay you're young you'r excited you have cabin fever. Your help bent on the Passaic River, if you must go stay away from the portions in Passaic county like Fairfield, unless you have MSG Dan as your guide,there's a spot I used to go when I lived in the area free launch, free parking, and a dock. it's been a while I don't know if anything changed but check it out.I used to take my boat down to Passaic to the hacky across Newark Bay into the Hudson and into Raritan Bay. It's in Lyndhurst right on the River on River road about half a mile North of route 7 the bellville Pike. You'll see a Little League field. It's tidal water there so check the tides.get there an hour before high tide and you'll have three hours of calm water.
https://passaicriverbasin.com/prb4recreation_boat.html

Oh man, am I excited? Yes. Cabin fever? Absolutely. Young? Not so much ha

Check the tide chart and go with the tide. If you want a 2 or so hour trip launch an hour before tide change. Not much is worse than fighting against the tide to get back.

I’m thinking maybe hit up a lake for my first time out. Get used to the kayak a bit.

25 minutes ago, Timo said:

Oh man, am I excited? Yes. Cabin fever? Absolutely. Young? Not so much ha

Many of us are not as young as we used to I hope my information helped. Cover all the bases and preparedness best you can, you be safe out there! Looking forward to the selfies.lol

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

59 minutes ago, Timo said:

I’m thinking maybe hit up a lake for my first time out. Get used to the kayak a bit.

Now you're thinking.I suggest pompton lake, as you get more proficient, the River down stream has mighty good pike in it.

Now you're thinking.I suggest pompton lake, as you get more proficient, the River down stream has mighty good pike in it.

I’ve fished that a lot as I grew up 2 min from there. Never had a ton of success. Where were you finding like in there?