IGNORED

One hell of a Predator season!

06roadking

Another great morning! I’ve never had a Predator season like this year. Which, is good and bad. The good is that I love Predator hunting and am having a ball but, the bad is that the Predator numbers are way up where I hunt. Got another yote and another fox this morning and saw two more coyotes that wouldn’t commit. 

50C6EA03-2578-49E1-90AA-1DCFC9F9252F.png

0917A30F-56B0-4299-A652-AB51C4FFB70A.jpeg

Congrats! That is a good coyote. . . . . .the way I like them . . . . . good and dead.  

Do you find that mornings are better than afternoons? 

I see fox all the time when I am deer hunting and I get coyotes on my trail cam once or twice a year, but never see them when hunting.  

I have been going predator hunting in the evening, but haven't even seen a fox. 

Great job roadking!  I’ve only been out 3x this whole special season being held up with me and my kids getting covid.  Only one yote called in for my daughter but she couldn’t make the shot.  Lots of Fox and bobcats though!  Looking to head out this last week to put a hurtin on some yotes.  What’s your total count this year so far?

1 hour ago, Bones said:

Good morning 

what rifle you shooting?

Ruger American Predator in .204 Ruger. Only have ever had one runner that was found by member Pathman this past week. He said it was a good shoulder shot maybe a bit high. Ran about 50 yards into a hedgerow and I just overlooked it. Usually drops them right next to the caller. Couldn’t be happier with its performance and accuracy. Have a Nikon scope on it and I’ve had great success with it out to 230 yards. Haven’t tried it longer but, at 230, I hold right on with no drop.

1 hour ago, ratherbhunting said:

Congrats! That is a good coyote. . . . . .the way I like them . . . . . good and dead.  

Do you find that mornings are better than afternoons? 

I see fox all the time when I am deer hunting and I get coyotes on my trail cam once or twice a year, but never see them when hunting.  

I have been going predator hunting in the evening, but haven't even seen a fox. 

I have my best success right at first shooting light in the AM. 

4 minutes ago, Gobblengrunt said:

Great job roadking!  I’ve only been out 3x this whole special season being held up with me and my kids getting covid.  Only one yote called in for my daughter but she couldn’t make the shot.  Lots of Fox and bobcats though!  Looking to head out this last week to put a hurtin on some yotes.  What’s your total count this year so far?

9 coyotes and 13 fox