IGNORED

1,000 lb Bluefin - NC

Lunatic

19 minutes ago, Joint Venture said:

Not sure what boat size has to do with depth and the ability of the fish to sound.

Good question. Sound in fishing terminology means like being in the submarine. Dive dive,dive.  Once on my 26-ft mako,off The Jersey coast, threw my release ball, took me for 12 miles, 2 hook ups, one on dacron one on mono, total mayhem the Dacron cut the mono, the Dacron broke 100 feet off the stern, talk about heartbreak it was 800 lb fish.

https://www.carolinasportsman.com/content/get-the-point-the-point-off-north-carolinas-outer-banks-is-a-bigeye-tuna-hotspot-in-may/

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

11 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

Good question. Sound in fishing terminology means like being in the submarine. Dive dive,dive.  Once on my 26-ft mako,off The Jersey coast, threw my release ball, took me for 12 miles, 2 hook ups, one on dacron one on mono, total mayhem the Dacron cut the mono, the Dacron broke 100 feet off the stern, talk about heartbreak it was 800 lb fish.

https://www.carolinasportsman.com/content/get-the-point-the-point-off-north-carolinas-outer-banks-is-a-bigeye-tuna-hotspot-in-may/

Thanks for the clarification, but I am well aware what “sound” means.  Been fishing and running a boat for over 40 years, currently run a 28 Grady.  Sorry about you losing that fish, heart breaker Giant for sure.

15 minutes ago, Joint Venture said:

Thanks for the clarification, but I am well aware what “sound” means.  Been fishing and running a boat for over 40 years, currently run a 28 Grady.  Sorry about you losing that fish, heart breaker Giant for sure.

A grady doesn't get better than that, well maybe a Whaler.lol.. tight lines captain, welcome to the site looking forward to seeing your pictures.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

26 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

A grady doesn't get better than that, well maybe a Whaler.lol.. tight lines captain, welcome to the site looking forward to seeing your pictures.

IMG_2392.jpg

"All men die, not all men really live". WW