IGNORED

I Just Qualified For Social Security

Zipper

26 minutes ago, tpr1921 said:

I've been a retired NJ Trooper for over 10 years and have quite a few more to go before I'm eligible. 

Best of luck to you.

Retired 10 years this 7-1. One year away from SS. We won't get the full amount due to the Windfall law.

"All men die, not all men really live". WW

1 hour ago, Zipper said:

Retired 10 years this 7-1. One year away from SS. We won't get the full amount due to the Windfall law.

I calculated my SS after the windfall act after a 2hr visit to the SS Office right b/4 Covid Hit. The difference between retiring at 62 or 67 is 252.00 dollars for me after the W-Tax.   If I Retire at 62 by the time I'm 67 I will have collected 30,480.00 dollars from SS.

If i stay till 67 I'll have to collect for 10 years to make up the 30K, there are no guarantees in life other than Death but the odds are the older you get the higher the chance.  I'll take what I can get at 62 on top of my Pensions and enjoy whats left..

There is life after retirement...

41 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

Most guys worked before and after their careers.  Guys with big pensions are penalized regardless of having paid in their entire lives. The government wants to give that money to illegal immigrants who never paid in.

Edited by Zipper

"All men die, not all men really live". WW

4 minutes ago, Zipper said:

Most guys worked before and after their careers.  Guys with big pensions are penalized regardless of having paid in their entire lives. The government want to give that money to illegal immigrants who never paid in.

yup totally true,  I have worked a business and side gig my whole career, still take a hit :(