IGNORED

Colorado: Committee Passes Anti-Gun Measure That Further Victimizes Gun Owners

NRA

20 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Note, this is an NRA RSS feed of topics for all nationwide news.  If that's too broad and no one is interested in the national (non NJ) related news, I'll have to see if I can customize what gets posted.

Members, please feel free to chime in on what's more valuable.

It’s been interesting reading the attacks on 2 A nationally.

As for NJ...I think that ship has sailed. 

25 minutes ago, NotJust22s said:

I’m not trying to be a d*** but with NJ being one of if not the most restrictive state, I’d just like to know the NRA is doing something for Us. 

I understand, and agree, we'd all like to see some more pro-2A action in NJ.

2 hours ago, NotJust22s said:

I’m not trying to be a d*** but with NJ being one of if not the most restrictive state, I’d just like to know the NRA is doing something for Us. 

This is the entire problem. NRA working for you? What have you done to help the NRA. The NRA is all of its members.

Have you held voting drives? 

Do you attend meetings with your representatives?

Do you bring people to ranges to show them about 2A? 

Do you call and ask what can I Do?

The NRA will work where their time is well spent. Not on lost causes where the people nod and still vote for anti gun agendas.

Half the gun clubs in NJ vote dem and don't want to hear about gun laws. They think the old double barrel is fine.

I left NJ because life is short and I got tired of the complacency.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

1 hour ago, vdep217 said:

This could be a good thing.  Once a president is set on a ruling it would have to roll into nj.

Just like now the mag ban in California if the bans are found unconstitutional it will eventually have to be all states

This all depends on what court the hearing is held.

District Court?

Supreme Court? 

All depends. What is found lacking in one district may not be so in another.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

3 hours ago, NotJust22s said:

It's a complicated problem, and here are two reasons why:  NJ is liberal, and all gun cases fail in this state because of judges legislating from the bench.  Upon appeal, you then have to face the US 3rd Circuit, which is also anti-gun.  You will lose these because they obnoxiously refuse to follow SCOTUS guidance outlined in Heller.  There's no point going to the SCOTUS because they won't hear the case.  So fighting NJ anti-gun laws in NJ is a waste of money.  I outlined what the strategy is in another thread.  The NRA needs to win cases in other Circuit courts in order to show that the rulings in the 3rd circuit are in direct conflict with these other rulings.  It's only then that they can get in front of the SCOTUS.  They will be forced to hear the case because two courts can't be enforcing the law differently, especially if it's constitutional law.

Sad but true.  It is why you now see the NRA supporting and funding permitting laws in NJ.  There are a few cases in the pipeline that could be heard by the SCOTUS that could be huge for NJ.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.