IGNORED

Great swamp wildlife refuge huntable??

Eyesofthewoods

doubt you can turkey hunt there. 

https://www.fws.gov/refuge/Great_Swamp/visit/hunting.html

Looks like its deer hunting only, and requires a federal permit

Note also - page 55 of the digest, for zone 10 they only list Black River WMA as public turkey hunting land - doesn't list Great Swamp (and they do list national wildlife refuges here - notice they list Edwin Forsythe for zone 16. So the fact they do not list Great Swamp tells me it is not legal to turkey hunt there).

image.png.78f0598d053cc0d8c0393d944dada1bf.png

Edited by mazzgolf

And they are very strict in the Great Swamp........Federal Land.....trails only.......we did an estate sale at a horse farm in the Great Swamp and the feds posted all around the property No Trespassing under surveilance......a lot to explore there but not allowed to.......

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

3 hours ago, Gobblengrunt said:

No turkey hunting the swamp but there are a lot of birds in the area if you can score some private ground.  There are a lot of liberal anti hunting folk in that area making access extremely tough

Unfortunately that’s very true.  Finding private in NJ to hunt is almost impossible.  When I lived in PA I used to be able to knock on a door and 90% of the time they’d let you hunt.  It’s stigmatized here.  Like hunters are dangerous people with guns.  It’s not the case but it’s the reality we must deal with!  Good luck!