IGNORED

BANNER FLASH with ANTI Hunting BILL AND ANTI 2A bills federal or Local

How about a banner flash up top that cycles through with hot federal anti 2 A bills and state or federal anti hunting bills?

The click through could bring you to a canned letter or gov site fo calling elected officials etc.. or an instruction page on how to call or email your elected officials.

Hell, you could even have something linked to change back to an in person ballot system for proposed legislation.

Ignoring something doesn't make it go away.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

24 minutes ago, thefirstndsecond said:

How about a banner flash up top that cycles through with hot federal anti 2 A bills and state or federal anti hunting bills?

The click through could bring you to a canned letter or gov site fo calling elected officials etc.. or an instruction page on how to call or email your elected officials.

Hell, you could even have something linked to change back to an in person ballot system for proposed legislation.

Ignoring something doesn't make it go away.

I mentioned this idea a few weeks ago. Not sure how much time or work it would be for @NJbowhunter to make happen...or maybe he can do it for Premium Members, which may be an incentive for members to cough up the $15 bucks for elite status and be aware of anti 2A and anti hunting legislation   

we certainly have enough members to raise some hell voicing our displeasure at some of this lunacy these libtard politicians throw and try n stick on a wall!!

It is challenging to implement.  What will be the source for the data feed, since you want to automate it?  No one is manually going to grab this stuff and maintain a database.  And since you're asking for state and federal data, that's two separate data feeds if they even exist.  I know I can get a data feed from Pacer, but I am not sure the legislatures are that up on it.  I'd have to check if they have RSS and then it has to be parsed for relevant information.  And then the mouth-breathers on this site need to know who actually represents them and how to contact them.  Anything more than clicking on a button is going to be hard for a lot of people here.

There are complexities to what you want to do, and I am not sure there is something that will do it all perfectly.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Yeah this could be pretty challenging.  It would take maintaining both a set of banners and their endpoints to wherever this data is available, then building workflows for user submissions and contacting sponsors of the bills or their reps.  As HH mentioned, it may be possible to use RSS to get the info, but you'd need to parse through it to figure out what's actually valuable and then build the workflows around it.

Do any gun orgs already have something like this in place?

I added the NRA RSS feed to it's own NRA forum here:  https://www.njwoodsandwater.com/forums/forum/143-national-rifle-association/

I haven't added it to Recent Topics yet as I don't want to flood the frontpage with the influx of new feed items.  Once I do, this will behave similar to the NJDFW forum whereas when they post news, it gets posted here too! :up:

Thank you for explaining all of that. I didn't think about it or know all of that. 

I was just trying to get some bad national bills noticed and maybe things that come up in the tri state area.

We have a difficult road ahead.

Didn't know how to go about it. Does it cause issues for the site or data?

Edited by thefirstndsecond

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

5 minutes ago, thefirstndsecond said:

Thank you for explaining all of that. I didn't think about it or know all of that. 

I was just trying to get some bad national bills noticed and maybe things that come up in the tri state area.

We have a difficult road ahead.

Didn't know how to go about it. Does it cause issues for the site or data?

Nope, the RSS impl to a forum as topics was straight forward, we'll feel that out and see if it helps. Maybe find some other orgs with RSS feeds to apply it to :up:

11 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Nope, the RSS impl to a forum as topics was straight forward, we'll feel that out and see if it helps. Maybe find some other orgs with RSS feeds to apply it to :up:

Ammoland GOA feed.  Top right corner of the column in the center of the page.

https://www.ammoland.com/tags/gun-owners-of-america/

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

4 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Better than the Pro Gun Rights one?

https://www.ammoland.com/category/pro-gun/

GOA is the more extreme version of the NRA.  People give the NRA crap for being radical, the GOA is proud of being called radical.  Both good organizations, but some think one is better than the other.  I am a life member of both.  :)  

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

Here are a couple to check out - https://amgoa.org/ - I actually know the site manager

These guys have been doing a lot of legal challenges and are a conglomerate of pro gun attorneys   - https://www.firearmspolicy.org/ - Adam Kraut ran for the board of the NRA (Didn't Win)

- FPC take legal action - https://www.firearmspolicy.org/act - also has a filter by state

What about groups to let us know about anti9 hunting bills - my concern is division - the old hunting versus 2A. BUT we ened to know more about anti hunting bills. I know they keep trying to make rules against friendly competition - field trials, dog training, use of live birds etc.. archery regs, the raised ground blind reg etc

Edited by thefirstndsecond