47 minutes ago, Timo said:

I’ve been itching to get out and keep scouting launch points on the Passaic but the water is really high. Should I wait?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends where on a river you plan to fish. With runoff right now, some of the bigger rivers like the Passaic may be blown out for a bit. Smaller trout rivers are starting to have good flows. 

Depends where on a river you plan to fish. With runoff right now, some of the bigger rivers like the Passaic may be blown out for a bit. Smaller trout rivers are starting to have good flows. 

Yea the Passaic

27 minutes ago, Timo said:

In Jersey?

Yes, the Musconetcong River is known just as the Musky, and it is 42 miles long beginning in Lake Hopatcong and flowing southwest to the Delaware River in Riegelsville below Phillipsburg.  It is NJ's longest trout river and most heavily stocked due to large amounts of public access along it.   

Yes, the Musconetcong River is known just as the Musky, and it is 42 miles long beginning in Lake Hopatcong and flowing southwest to the Delaware River in Riegelsville below Phillipsburg.  It is NJ's longest trout river and most heavily stocked due to large amounts of public access along it.   

Ah ok. Thanks!

Fished the Musky today, water was high but fishable . The best part was that there was a guy with a huge six foot flag in the back of his pick up that said F..K BIDEN ! I wanted to get a picture but he was to busy driving around! 

I’m originally a north jersey guy but recently moved down to the scotch plains area. Not to familiar with the musky. Good for kayaks or too shallow?

24 minutes ago, Timo said:

I’m originally a north jersey guy but recently moved down to the scotch plains area. Not to familiar with the musky. Good for kayaks or too shallow?

Some guys use them it sections but overall it's a shore or chest wader fishery .

2 hours ago, Timo said:

The Musky is one of the most paddled rivers in the state. But few use kayaks to fish. Remember that if you were in private water areas. You cannot get out of the kayak to fish. But if you were talking about just taking a paddle for a day, that river is excellent in average to high flow’sRemember that if you were in private water areas. You cannot get out of the kayak to fish. But if you were talking about just taking a paddle for a day, that river is excellent in average to high flows. 

3 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

The Musky is one of the most paddled rivers in the state. But few use kayaks to fish. Remember that if you were in private water areas. You cannot get out of the kayak to fish. But if you were talking about just taking a paddle for a day, that river is excellent in average to high flow’sRemember that if you were in private water areas. You cannot get out of the kayak to fish. But if you were talking about just taking a paddle for a day, that river is excellent in average to high flows. 

Thought was so important , you said it twice lol.