IGNORED

Lymes's disease vaccine

megavites

News on the development of a Lymes disease vaccine..even though its not really a vaccine, as it does not trigger you body to produce anti-bodies, it actually supplies the anti-bodies.

https://www.fieldandstream.com/story/hunting/lyme-disease-vaccine/?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=email&tp=i-1NGB-Et-TcS-1H6VWV-1c-16VU3-1c-1H5LSq-l5m4PVIrGH-oLIwN

1 minute ago, Foggy Mountain said:

Last time they had a vaccine it really screwed guys up. I’ve got friends with chronic problems now. Sure this could be different. Fyi

yes, agree. This one looks to be different as they pulled the original one off the market.

22 minutes ago, smittty said:

I know the one that they give to dogs is not 100%.I lost a dog to lymes not that long ago that was vaccinated 

Yeah.  I think the canine one is garbage.  Both of my dogs had it and both developed lymes years later.  Same for almost everyone I know.  The vets push the vaccine and then the dogs get it anyway.  I'd be curious to hear people chime in who's dog had the vaccine and actually never had lymes.  

In the 90s, I received the GlaxoSmithKlein Lyme Vaccine.  

I was in my late teens.  My mom thought that since I spent so much time in the woods, I should get it.  Got my first shot, a few months later, #2, and like a year later #3.   Several weeks later, they pulled it off of the shelf..  I have joint pain, but can't attribute it to that vaccine.   At 44, I have normal bodily wear and tear.   I have pulled  bunch of ticks off of me since getting the shot and don't believe that I have lyme's.  I did test positive for it once when getting blood work done.  Could have been the vaccine or I could have gotten Lymes.   

I'm getting the Covid shot next week and am wondering if  there will be any chance of the two working against each other... I have been doing research, but there is nothing out there yet. 

"God bless America and the 2nd Amendment!" 

www.NorthJerseyMike.com

UBNJ Member

OLM Knights of Columbus, Kinnelon, NJ

27 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

Yeah.  I think the canine one is garbage.  Both of my dogs had it and both developed lymes years later.  Same for almost everyone I know.  The vets push the vaccine and then the dogs get it anyway.  I'd be curious to hear people chime in who's dog had the vaccine and actually never had lymes.  

Not one, but two Brittanies. Both got vaccinated and neither ever got Lyme’s disease. And both hunted heavily and had ticks all over at times. 

1 hour ago, NorthJerseyMike said:

I was in my late teens.  My mom thought that since I spent so much time in the woods, I should get it.  Got my first shot, a few months later, #2, and like a year later #3.   Several weeks later, they pulled it off of the shelf..  I have joint pain, but can't attribute it to that vaccine.   At 44, I have normal bodily wear and tear.   I have pulled  bunch of ticks off of me since getting the shot and don't believe that I have lyme's.  I did test positive for it once when getting blood work done.  Could have been the vaccine or I could have gotten Lymes.   

I'm getting the Covid shot next week and am wondering if  there will be any chance of the two working against each other... I have been doing research, but there is nothing out there yet. 

I got the Lyme shots around then also.I got my first shot at the Rockland Sportsmens show,a second one at a clinic,never got the 3'rd because it disappeared. I don't think it will still be in our bodies this long.

2 hours ago, not on the rug said:

My GSP is 11 and has gotten the Lymes Vaccine and never had Lymes. She gets hunted hard and always has ticks on her. It could be just luck or it may work. 

S

4 hours ago, NorthJerseyMike said:

I’m 45. Ran to get the vaccine just like you because of time spent in outdoors.  Have had issues in the past. Been tested for MS and MD etc. Have had constant joint issues and overall muscle fatigue that can’t be diagnosed. I  always thought that vaccine had something to do with it. 

4 hours ago, NorthJerseyMike said:

After your bad experience with the Lyme vaccine I'm surprised you are subjecting yourself to what amounts to an experimental vaccine for Covid. I am very close to you in age and there is no way I would get the covid vaccine unless I was seriously compromised - and maybe not even then if I thought the vaccine could do more harm than good. 

Got the first shot of the Lyme vaccine from my then Dr. in Whitehouse Sta. about 25 years ago, they stopped it before I got any additions shots, can’t say that I have suffered any ill affects that I’m aware of. 

1 hour ago, Live to Hunt said:

I had Lyme vaccine years ago also. Have some joint pain but,  who doesn’t in there late 40s. 

I got Lymes when I was 30, now 48 off and on joint pain, night sweets are the worst.

My titers numbers are through the roof, I know when it's back, not a flare up it doesn't work like that, have to be re-bitten and new introduced 

I'm at the point I just call my doctor and tell him I need another two weeks of dioxacillin.

With the miserable fail of the first vaccine just my opinion but you'd have to be half crazy to get it.

Best of luck to any one that does

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

All my dogs get the Lyme vaccine and Bravecto, never had Lyme (knock on wood)!  I bird hunt about 45 days a year and run my dog after work and on the weekends everyday from late February till the end of October in Warren County.  My dogs are GSP's and I brush them every time after a run.