IGNORED

Trying to make an effort not to buy crap from China

Bonefreak

After commenting on the recent Harbor Freight post....I figured I would throw this one out there 

Told my wife to check where things are made before buying it and steer clear from anything made in China

its a small effort with big impacts!

we are doing our basement floor in vinyl and I told my flooring guy to find the style we liked but make sure it’s made in the USA....he found a company in Georgia to buy from....cost a few hundred bucks more, but it is worth not buying it from China!

also, wifey and I spent the weekend in New Hope and she did some shopping....she wanted to buy me a flannel made in China....I said nope....& the store owner heard us and he said the mother company, Schott Clothing, is actually from Union NJ and they been making the Navy pea coats since 1913....but their flannel manufacturing is now in China!  

he tried explaining that I could support him and his store and buy it because it supports him and he “was made in the USA”....and I said I try and support small businesses but I just told him we don’t buy from China anymore 

I definitely feel like my dad and grandfather cuz I remember them always harping bout buying from foreign countries....but they were both in wars and know the consequences 

16 minutes ago, Bonefreak said:

After commenting on the recent Harbor Freight post....I figured I would throw this one out there 

Told my wife to check where things are made before buying it and steer clear from anything made in China

its a small effort with big impacts!

we are doing our basement floor in vinyl and I told my flooring guy to find the style we liked but make sure it’s made in the USA....he found a company in Georgia to buy from....cost a few hundred bucks more, but it is worth not buying it from China!

also, wifey and I spent the weekend in New Hope and she did some shopping....she wanted to buy me a flannel made in China....I said nope....& the store owner heard us and he said the mother company, Schott Clothing, is actually from Union NJ and they been making the Navy pea coats since 1913....but their flannel manufacturing is now in China!  

he tried explaining that I could support him and his store and buy it because it supports him and he “was made in the USA”....and I said I try and support small businesses but I just told him we don’t buy from China anymore 

I definitely feel like my dad and grandfather cuz I remember them always harping bout buying from foreign countries....but they were both in wars and know the consequences 

They also lived in America which was a manufacturing giant and buying made in US was easy. Right now  it is close to impossible 

I honestly wish you the best of luck, it's something all should do.

However it's difficult when for work and not my money I bought a Stanley Bostitch which they say is made on Rhode Island for $350 and when I was in the market for a personal use nail gun, got the equivalent gun which shoots 1.563"  at Harbor Freight for $59 I've put 6000 nails through it already and still going.

It's a great sense of pride if money's not a problem.

Otherwise it will break you

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

Good for you, this is something we should all strive to do. I’m going to make more of an effort to buy American (specifically not China). Hell with the dementia riddled moron in the White House and his anti business agenda all American brands are going to need all the help they can get.

Thanks for posting!

Those of us above a certain age remember our parents complaining about the ‘Made in Japan’ stickers on products.  Kinda miss those days now. 

We still make things, just not as much and it’s more expensive. Bought a Made in USA stainless steel frying pan for Christmas. Paid almost double what the Chinese version in Home Goods cost. 

Went to buy a new belt sander a few weeks ago. Couldn’t find one not made in China, so the old steel beast has to make it a few more years. 

33 minutes ago, WVAhunter08 said:

Good for you, this is something we should all strive to do. I’m going to make more of an effort to buy American (specifically not China). Hell with the dementia riddled moron in the White House and his anti business agenda all American brands are going to need all the help they can get.

Thanks for posting!

Absolutely!!

I guess if we all chipped in and tried our best to boycott those Kung Flu spreading bastuds ....even if it’s the slightest bit of consumer watchfulness....anything can help at this point!

When you pay more for an American made product , realize that money that stayed here is there for that person to possibly use for your services here , possibly saving your own job.

money that flys back to China isn’t saving your own job here , they spend that money there 

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

9 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

When you pay more for an American made product , realize that money that stayed here is there for that person to possibly use for your services here , possibly saving your own job.

money that flys back to China isn’t saving your own job here , they spend that money there 

Lol on a small scale kinda like people that live in Pennsylvania but work for the state of NJ LOL

4 minutes ago, Roon said:

Lol on a small scale kinda like people that live in Pennsylvania but work for the state of NJ LOL

I think pa people spend a lot of money here in Nj.

gas over there  is more money :rofl:.

I also had LOTS of charters here from PA fisherman 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

4 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

I think pa people spend a lot of money here in Nj.

gas over there  is more money :rofl:.

I also had LOTS of charters here from PA fisherman 

I also had a supervisor that said drop one truck of salt or 1000 "I don't  care it's not my taxes"

I know MANY state workers that only cross the river for a pay check and nothing else.

Just a small scale of the big picture

Nothing more

We tried doing that with baby stuff when our son was born. Anything that he could've put in his mouth we wanted Made In The USA. We were doing good for awhile but it became damn near impossible when it came to toys. Even the bottles were tough; Dr Brown has some bottles made in China and some made in USA, but I think it depended on the kind of bottle