IGNORED

2021 Garden Thread

10 hours ago, MRMCR said:

Whats weird is they only touched the beans.....and its in the greenhouse......if it was chipmunks they would bother other stuff......

Cutworms liked my beans too until I sprinkled seven on the plants as soon as they came out of the ground.  Beans seem to be what they like

Edited by Greybeard

18 hours ago, Greybeard said:

Cutworms liked my beans too until I sprinkled seven on the plants as soon as they came out of the ground.  Beans seem to be what they like

I am assuming diatomacious  ( spelling  ? )  earth may work as well.........

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

Lots of lettuce being picked and given away.....summer veggies going in  where the lettuce was.......we need rain......." got down on my knees , fold my hands and prayed for rain, got a head full of ideas and its driving me insane ".......( name the quote ) .......

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

1 hour ago, Greybeard said:

IDK, but they say it's better than sand for under pool linings.

It will rip those insect predators to shreds........

Picked my first half dozen cayenne peppers today and have a good dozen or more that should be ready next week. But I don't have a single bell pepper and only one long hot that has popped out on the other plants. Seems like the cayenne just went crazy out of the gate.  First zucchini about a half inch but nothing on other plants. The basil has doubled in size in last 5 days. I did not plant any tomatoes this year. Tired of watching them either rot or squirrels eating them on my neighbors deck. 

It’s been years so I had forgotten how therapeutic gardening is!!  Keep making some tweaks where I can, limited space so I am doing some more containers, hanging and upside down planters.  Laid out the foundation for the chicken coop too; will get to that built over the weekend (ran out of time last week). 

01190F8E-A079-48F5-AF4B-F3675A97278E.jpeg

7E79827C-5E5D-4606-A6B7-AEEC86E0B0EA.jpeg

18 hours ago, GoodOleBoysinPA said:

With all the warm weather and no rain.  How often do you guys water?

Its usually the amount that you water and not how often........all soils are different and hold moisture differently so you need to check  your garden daily for water requirements........