Pay it Forward Topic

Mallard1100

I have seen some other forums that have “ pay it forward threads” and I think it could be a good idea here if the mods were interested in it. It can be made a permanent sticky on top of the classifieds forum. I think it would be a good way to pay it forward to the next guy and a good way to get rid of limited use/unused gear etc. Items can be posted that are free. If you take something from the thread you have to provide something as well.  

Example: “ I will take the free hunting pants and pay it forward with a 3 pack of broad heads”. 

This way it doesn’t get abused by guys just hemming up free stuff constantly. No money changes  hands and the member who posts the item deals with it.  You do whatever you want as far as pickup, shipping, meeting up, leaving the item on the front steps for pickup etc.  I think it would be a good idea to get rid of unwanted or unused items that someone else may need or maybe a new guy trying to get started in hunting or fishing. Just a thought . 

I like the idea. I've given away tons of stuff on this site already as many members can attest. But I'd rather someone be able to use and appreciate things I don't use any more rather them tossing them or trying to scrounge a couple of bucks for them. Along those lines I was cleaning up in my shop today and have some things to pass along. Do you want to do it on this thread or start a new thread?

23 minutes ago, Woodsman416 said:

I like the idea. I've given away tons of stuff on this site already as many members can attest. But I'd rather someone be able to use and appreciate things I don't use any more rather them tossing them or trying to scrounge a couple of bucks for them. Along those lines I was cleaning up in my shop today and have some things to pass along. Do you want to do it on this thread or start a new thread?

I would think the mods should get involved and start a thread but it’s a good idea. Im always looking for free stuff lol just kidding. 

36 minutes ago, smittty said:

I would think the mods should get involved and start a thread but it’s a good idea. Im always looking for free stuff lol just kidding. 

I was hoping the mods can make it a permanent thread on the top of the classifieds forum if it’s possible? I think that would be best otherwise the thread could be hard to find if these isn’t any fresh activity. 

• BowhunterNJ changed the title to Pay it Forward Topic
  • Rusty pinned this topic