IGNORED

Turning a Winchester 22 Rifle into a Pistol........

MRMCR

Came across this recently and was wondering if this was something that was done a lot, or common back in the day.........Someone took a 22 Winchester rifle removed the stock, cut the barrel , welded a sight on, and turned it into  a vest pocket pistol, kinda looks like something a pirate would tuck in his belt, or a dueling pistol..........the barrel just says Winchester and has the Winchester stamp.......no other marks to date it.......my guess is this was done in the 60's ?? but who knows .........

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

Found one hidden on top of the basement wall between the joists when I bought the house 41 years ago.  Probably was grandpa's that nobody knew he had, or where he had hid it, when he passed.  Pin was rusted in it. Would take a lot of work to get it working.  tossed it

Edited by Greybeard

1 hour ago, MRMCR said:

Came across this recently and was wondering if this was something that was done a lot, or common back in the day.........Someone took a 22 Winchester rifle removed the stock, cut the barrel , welded a sight on, and turned it into  a vest pocket pistol, kinda looks like something a pirate would tuck in his belt, or a dueling pistol..........the barrel just says Winchester and has the Winchester stamp.......no other marks to date it.......my guess is this was done in the 60's ?? but who knows .........

Do you have a picture ?

Yes it is most likely illegal......but what if it was done 40-50 years ago......it was a single shot 22....what if it was done 100 years ago ??..........from what I saw it does show that it is pretty easy to do.......

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE