IGNORED

I Hate Fishing With A Complainer

Zipper

12 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

One non drowsy Dramamine night before ,then  one morning of  fishing day you really shouldn’t get sick .

having it in your system through the night makes a huge difference..

super simple solution to enjoy a great fishery we have here .

Agreed, night before is the key.

39 minutes ago, rgw said:

I will admit I use to get seasick in the ocean all the time till I got the patch. I remember In Nc giant fishing every time I reeled down I puked, another time I was with John, he did ask if we had to go in but I said now and fished through it like always . I ever let it stop me

I get seasick every now and then but because of it I always have the patch on overnight trips. It works great with zero side effects. 

I watched a man get sea sick and die yup he was sick as a dog and after about two hours of being sick it must of ticked off a hart attack and the poor guy dropped dead tried cpr but couldn’t bring him back.  Just figured I would share this so you guys understand that sea sickness is no joke

I never got sea sick.All of a sudden one time I did,now its almost every time.A friend gave me a Voyager Relief band.Between the Band and Dramarmine I get thru a day of fishing.

Being Sea sick is the WORST feeling in the World!:vomit:

22 minutes ago, smittty said:

I watched a man get sea sick and die yup he was sick as a dog and after about two hours of being sick it must of ticked off a hart attack and the poor guy dropped dead tried cpr but couldn’t bring him back.  Just figured I would share this so you guys understand that sea sickness is no joke

Yep it could happen with any type of stress when you have a heart condition. The heart attack killed him. 

9 minutes ago, toxo said:

I never got sea sick.All of a sudden one time I did,now its almost every time.A friend gave me a Voyager Relief band.Between the Band and Dramarmine I get thru a day of fishing.

Being Sea sick is the WORST feeling in the World!:vomit:

That's good so you still at least not a snowflake.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

My first and only fishing trip (a coworkers' boat) was 44 miles offshore run for shark. After we stopped I looked at the guys and said, "I'll start the chum." I had a blast after that. I think it was more nerves than anything else.

The wild part, for me, was when I spotted some bluefish surfacing. I happened to have a light tackle setup with a top water popper on board. No sooner I threw it out, with a couple twitches to the rod, I was reeling in a pretty large blue.

My "Handle" is not my aim, I'm paralyzed as a C 4-5 quadriplegic.

7 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Yep it could happen with any type of stress when you have a heart condition. The heart attack killed him. 

I know a guy that took his nephew on a party boat, when the boat was leaving for a new spot he fell overboard.By the time the nephew got to the Captain,they turned back,pulled him aboard,he died right there of a heart attack from the stress. You never know!

1 minute ago, toxo said:

Thankz Hunterbob1 I puke on the down stroke while reeling in the Tuna! Never a thought of going back to shore!:super:

You're a trooper. I've been on many overnighter, most were on the sea devil at a point pleasant Bob Pennington captain. I've been blessed fortunate lucky to have sea legs that I inherited.worst thing for anybody does not have them is to eat greasy oily foods. I was fortunate to be an exception big hoagies with extra extra oil and vinegar and buckets of Kentucky fried Chicken. I was evil I think the other fairs will look at me and start chumming and go down below deck and I'd have more room on the rails.lol

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

2 minutes ago, Cripple Shot said:

My first and only fishing trip (a coworkers' boat) was 44 miles offshore run for shark. After we stopped I looked at the guys and said, "I'll start the chum." I had a blast after that. I think it was more nerves than anything else.

The wild part, for me, was when I spotted some bluefish surfacing. I happened to have a light tackle setup with a top water popper on board. No sooner I threw it out, with a couple twitches to the rod, I was reeling in a pretty large blue.

I had my first case of seasickness late in life in my late 30s  and it was also triggered by nerves, (this is after 100s of fishing trips since I was a kid. )  Like you I was heading with a friend, on my 23' welcraft coastal, shark fishing in the mud hole. We left middle of the night and we traveled on radar and GPS since the visibility was very poor. About 5 miles from getting there I hit a wave, nothing major, and I lost all power except the engine was still running. No radar, no GPS no bilge pump, no radio. Looking for the source of the problem, still in the dark, for the first time in my life I felt seasick. Unable to fix the problem at seas I turned the boat 180 and came back on compass.  

4 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

I had my first case of seasickness late in life in my late 30s  and it was also triggered by nerves, (this is after 100s of fishing trips since I was a kid. )  Like you I was heading with a friend, on my 23' welcraft coastal, shark fishing in the mud hole. We left middle of the night and we traveled on radar and GPS since the visibility was very poor. About 5 miles from getting there I hit a wave, nothing major, and I lost all power except the engine was still running. No radar, no GPS no bilge pump, no radio. Looking for the source of the problem, still in the dark, for the first time in my life I felt seasick. Unable to fix the problem at seas I turned the boat 180 and came back on compass.  

Wiring is the weakest link in anything, especially in the salt, so it was something in the fuse board the fuse or wire leading to it what was it?