IGNORED

Looking for Peach Trees for sale

I have some free space in the front of my house that is begging for a couple of smaller trees.  I was thinking about planing peach trees because they are just about the right size and of course I can fatten myself up with peaches over the years (to add to the walnuts, hazelnuts, and raspberries).  Can anyone recommend a good, knowledgeable and reputable seller of fruit trees a reasonable distance from Taylor Ham country?

Thx in advance!

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Believe it or not I got them Lowes and tractor supply, my Lowes trees are nicer and produce more but all produce.

It all comes down to how much time you put in.

After 8 years of growth I'm taking 150 - 200 lbs of peaches a year off of 6 trees

IMG_20200716_133507.jpg

IMG_20200408_191347.jpg

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

Nice, Roon!

Peach trees are not native, so where you buy doesn’t matter much. Tractor Supply, Lowe’s and the like all sell them and very soon.   I bought leftover pears at my Lowe’s late last fall and healed them in my vegetable garden in their pots for the winter. They are doing great and will go in the ground in April. 

1 hour ago, Roon said:

Believe it or not I got them Lowes and tractor supply, my Lowes trees are nicer and produce more but all produce.

It all comes down to how much time you put in.

After 8 years of growth I'm taking 150 - 200 lbs of peaches a year off of 6 trees

IMG_20200716_133507.jpg

IMG_20200408_191347.jpg

Nice!

I will definitely put time into this.  I have been growing hazelnuts for the past 15-20 years. My black walnuts just started producing a few years ago, and the raspberries were put in a few years ago so my daughter had something to tend to over the summer.

Do you know anything more about the Lowe's trees such as a specific kind of peach, or they're just peach trees?

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

I tried leach trees from Lowe a and they lasted 3 years and died and never made a peach bigger than a quarter lol.

My learning trees did equally bad. All trees flowered but fruit was never edible.

All dead now.
Since then I bought a bunch if pear varieties from a nursery and they seemed good last year when I planted. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

Nice!

I will definitely put time into this.  I have been growing hazelnuts for the past 15-20 years. My black walnuts just started producing a few years ago, and the raspberries were put in a few years ago so my daughter had something to tend to over the summer.

Do you know anything more about the Lowe's trees such as a specific kind of peach, or they're just peach trees?

Off hand I don't remember all the trees they sell, I do know one is the hail Haven don't quote me the other one might be reliance? My orchards covered in snow right now and I'm not walking through it to get to see the labels LOL. 

3 minutes ago, Roon said:

Off hand I don't remember all the trees they sell, I do know one is the hail Haven don't quote me the other one might be reliance? My orchards covered in snow right now and I'm not walking through it to get to see the labels LOL. 

Where's your dedication, man!  :) 

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

One of the trees I like the most in my orchard is the paw paw nobody knows what the hell it is but they're pretty cool and nice to have, the deer don't like them and won't touch them and the branches grow too thick for them to rub on which make them perfect.

They look like a mango and taste like a banana something you would never expect to grow in our area

PXL_20201015_212857448.jpg

PXL_20201020_211234884.jpg

IMG_20200624_081231.jpg

Peaches in the past were a pain in the ass to grow, maybe the new varieties are better.......I usually recommend pears as they are much easier.......years ago I bought some fastigiate Apple trees, but they didnt produce much......I always admire when someone turns an apple tree into an espalier, on the side of a garage or barn etc......Frelinghuysen Arboretum has both fastigiate and espalier apples in their garden.......

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE