Looking for a Bird Dog ~ Brittany Preferred

I have a friend that is looking for a bird dog for pheasant & quail as his has passed.  A Brittany is preferred and one that is a few years old rather than a pup.  

However, he is open to other breeds.  So, if anyone knows of someone who has an older dog that they can no longer keep and needs a good home let me know and I'll contact him.

And as far as Brittany's are concerned what breeder(s) would you maybe recommend.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Bob

Edited by RPK0620
  • RPK0620 changed the title to Looking for a Bird Dog ~ Brittany Preferred

Well, hooks91 of this forum responded to my post saying that he had a friend who had a Brittany that he needed to find a home for. So my friend was put in touch with hooks91's friend and if it works out, on Wednesday my friend will have a 3 yr old female that is field experienced. 

It's a win, win for all involved. Hooks91's friend, my friend and the Brittany !:cool:

30 minutes ago, allmann said:

Bob I thought you were changing teams, I was a little disappointed. I am getting a new pup in Sept. as long as the litter works out.  

No, and what are you gettin, another English Pointer ? And what about Sadie if I remember her name correctly?

7 minutes ago, Qman said:

Pm fish an on this site he’s big Britt guy

Thanks, about 4 posts back you'll see where my friend was hooked up with a Brittany.

And, I know and have run into Charlie a few times out at CM.  Nice guy with nice dogs.

23 hours ago, RPK0620 said:

No, and what are you gettin, another English Pointer ? And what about Sadie if I remember her name correctly?

Sadie is 11 and starting to slow down, Figured it would be a good time to get another puppy as my girls are 8 and 6 and the new pup should be ready for when they're able to hunt. I am getting another GSP, this one from Nobelle's breeding. 

Bob my friend called me to thank me for contacting you and getting him in contact with John. He was very happy to see that Josie went to a good home! That goodness it all worked out well.