IGNORED

lucky crow - in slo-mo

mazzgolf

Drat!! I still can't figure out how to lead birds! From this morning - if you watch closely, you can see the shot pattern -- missed both times out in front, second one was a little low, too.

On the first shot, the crow helps his cause by applying the air brakes and performing the standard Matrix Maneuver:

image.png.95a594cfde39119a3d2d0c3328e08a56.png

Neat video!!

seems like u are leading him way out in front....he was just lumbering along....@ maybe a distance of 40 yds??...& wasn’t doing Mach 5 like a green winged teal. 

Some of the best advice my pal ever gave me for shooting flying birds was to “cover the bird” w your barrel....most of it anyway....and follow thru with the shot. Seems to work for me....& my misses are wen I see too much of the bird n lead em too much. 

7 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

Well honestly we have no proof of how you are on big game either :eyebrow:

Sure you do.  Search the forums for the two deer I posted a few years ago.  The proof is on the forums.  And they were the only two deer in Zone 3 harvested this decade.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

reminds me of my first time hunting Brant.    two are flying by one behind the other, I shoot and the second one comes falling down, I'm getting congrats from my friends, and I confess that I was shooting at and leading the first one

This one didn't get away! They came in so quick, I got to excited and forgot to activate the camera -- oh well.

Notice how clever I am - I made it into the shape of a "1"  :laughing:

crow-2012-02-26-1.jpg.68467013b881bdd3d47b88db17c45d39.jpg

And take a look at these -- I'm always fascinated by the velociraptor claws these things have - I wonder how many duck and turkey eggs they helped crush..

crow-2012-02-26-2.jpg.4237d1f45dbc74ff82f35cb938c0b5d0.jpg