IGNORED

To be or not to be FFL.........

MRMCR

So awhile back I filled out all the paperwork, got fingerprinted......meet the criteria....etc. spoke to other dealers and got their opinions.......just thought I would let my friends on here chime in as well.......I am in the Cranford area..........Thanks Mike

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

My father had an FFL and NJ State Firearms Retail license for about 25 years in southern Bergen County.  He did it part time out of his house, he sold about 125 guns a year, mostly to State Troopers, cops and friends.  He never had a visit from ATF, the State Police firearms guy came out once, my buddy was a State Trooper and that may have had something to do with it.

The NJSP and local code official would not renew his State Retail license after 25 years with zero issues because he was located in a residential area.  He appealed the decision with one of the NRA lawyers and lost.  He had top secret clearance as a weapons engineer at Picatinny Arsenal and was a two time Navy veteran of Korea and Viet Nam, they didn't care.

I think your biggest hurdle with be the State retail license, needing to have a brick and mortar store and competition from the big box stores.  Good luck.

I own a small commercial building of which I would be headquartered out of........I think they want to see an active license user over one that never gets used or for only personal use.......

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

I think its a good way to make some extra cash. See alot of guns and meet a lot of nice people. 

I had my FFL years ago in NC. I liked the freedom to get what i wanted lol

If you are detail oriented and like guns and have some spare time why not?

You can make appointments at your convenience .

26 minutes ago, Sako76 said:

My father had an FFL and NJ State Firearms Retail license for about 25 years in southern Bergen County.  He did it part time out of his house, he sold about 125 guns a year, mostly to State Troopers, cops and friends.  He never had a visit from ATF, the State Police firearms guy came out once, my buddy was a State Trooper and that may have had something to do with it.

The NJSP and local code official would not renew his State Retail license after 25 years with zero issues because he was located in a residential area.  He appealed the decision with one of the NRA lawyers and lost.  He had top secret clearance as a weapons engineer at Picatinny Arsenal and was a two time Navy veteran of Korea and Viet Nam, they didn't care.

I think your biggest hurdle with be the State retail license, needing to have a brick and mortar store and competition from the big box stores.  Good luck.

Same thing happened to my friend's neighbor.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

4 hours ago, smittty said:

Remember your home,business and any thing you own can be subject to search at any time no warrant needed the feds can walk in your house anytime they want. If that don’t bother you go for it 

This is an old wives tale .......totally untrue........appointments are made by the Feds etc. when they want to see your operation, paperwork etc..........