IGNORED

Knock those icicles down!

Swamp_Yankee

Here is a piece of it-I put the shovel there for scale.  It was a glancing blow off of the front of her head-she has a stitched up line a little over an inch long right at the hairline.  If it had hit her square on the top of the head I would not have been posting pictures of her smiling in the ER-it gives me chills to think about that.  What's worse is I saw the damn thing as I was leaving for work yesterday morning and said to myself, "I'll knock that down when I get home."  :banghead:  She was a real trooper but after the stitches she hit the wall and just wanted her mom and sisters and home.  We were there for over for six hours which was really frustrating.  In terms of the actual time she was treated/seen we could have been out of there in 90 minutes.  It was a pretty bad scene though-lots of COVID patients, beds in the hallway, etc...I'm glad I'm vaccinated.  

image.thumb.png.1e19a875ce92163ed6d33fa913a8fa8e.png

10 hours ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Ugh glad she's ok!  Same at my house.  Leafless gutters create dangerous icicles 

I have regular gutters and still get these monsters on the north side.  On the south side I get little ones but they melt as fast as they form.  This one formed on a north facing eave that juts out of the west side of the house.  Nothing you can really do with this much snow on the roof except be vigilant and keep knocking them down every day.  I'm going to make a pole out of lengths of 1-1/4" PVC so I get them up high before they get too big.  

Edited by Swamp_Yankee

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

1 hour ago, Swamp_Yankee said:

Here is a piece of it-I put the shovel there for scale.  It was a glancing blow off of the front of her head-she has a stitched up line a little over an inch long right at the hairline.  If it had hit her square on the top of the head I would not have been posting pictures of her smiling in the ER-it gives me chills to think about that.  What's worse is I saw the damn thing as I was leaving for work yesterday morning and said to myself, "I'll knock that down when I get home."  :banghead:  She was a real trooper but after the stitches she hit the wall and just wanted her mom and sisters and home.  We were there for over for six hours which was really frustrating.  In terms of the actual time she was treated/seen we could have been out of there in 90 minutes.  It was a pretty bad scene though-lots of COVID patients, beds in the hallway, etc...I'm glad I'm vaccinated.  

image.thumb.png.1e19a875ce92163ed6d33fa913a8fa8e.png

I have regular gutters and still get these monsters on the north side.  On the south side I get little ones but they melt as fast as they form.  This one formed on a north facing eave that juts out of the west side of the house.  Nothing you can really do with this much snow on the roof except be vigilant and keep knocking them down every day.  I'm going to make a pole out of lengths of 1-1/4" PVC so I get them up high before they get too big.  

Holy moly thats a HUGE icicle