IGNORED

I broke the ice! My first 20 gauge sabot slug reload.

GilV

I broke the ice! My first 20 gauge sabot slug reload. There is no stopping me now.

It is a new Fiocci hull, with a CCS sabot, a CCS nitro card a 10 mm waxed card, a 1/8" paper card, Blue Dot powder and a Hornady XTP 45 cal 250 gr bullet. Should shoot 1640 FPS out of my Savage 220. I hope it is accurate. Going to load up 9 more and see how they shoot before I load up any others.

Hopefully, finally free of high prices, politics and shortages!

Thanks for all the help.

IMG_1198.JPG

IMG_1197.JPG

11 minutes ago, smittty said:

Cool may I ask where you got your load information from or did you just work it up your self. Hope it works out good for you. I’m sure sooner or later you’ll get something working 

CCS provides load data with their sabots. You can’t per se’ work up a load with slugs, way to dangerous 

AWM

10 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

CCS provides load data with their sabots. You can’t per se’ work up a load with slugs, way to dangerous 

As MGHunter66 said. If you do work up a slug it would be best to send it to Precision Reloading before you attempt to shoot it. You send them 5 rounds and they test them for everything.

That roll crimp shocked me. I ran about 3 used hulls through the crimper to set the depth on my drill press. Then roll crimped this sabot. That roll crimp is the result of the crimper at 1300 RPMs and Fiocci hull. Nobody was more surprised than me at the outcome! ha!

2 hours ago, GilV said:

That roll crimp shocked me. I ran about 3 used hulls through the crimper to set the depth on my drill press. Then roll crimped this sabot. That roll crimp is the result of the crimper at 1300 RPMs and Fiocci hull. Nobody was more surprised than me at the outcome! ha!

They are an awesome tool that shocks you how professional they come out LOL if you periodically put a little oil on the roll crimpet with a Qtip and heat it up a bit on a spent shell before doing your loaded ammo they come out even better. I no longer even fold crimp field loads.... everything gets roll crimped

AWM

• 1 year later...