Same here in by the way I know you're saying touch that block looks like I had one that got tractor supply they never touched thatby the way I know you're saying touch that block looks like I had one that got tractor supply they never touched that one either.

I fed corn heavy at 5 spots until January then stopped.
I just can't get to the spots anymore there's too much snow.
I keep saying I'm going to keep feeding my yard but there's literally no deer or tracks anywhere I'm not sure theybare even traveling to find it. Snow is very deep in north jersey for several weeks now. I dont know if I'd be helping or hurting by giving them feed.
I hate to see the herd suffer life this.. all animals.. I dojt know how anything could survive snow this deep for this long. Saddens me..

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, JerseyJaysTaxidermy said:

I fed corn heavy at 5 spots until January then stopped.
I just can't get to the spots anymore there's too much snow.
I keep saying I'm going to keep feeding my yard but there's literally no deer or tracks anywhere I'm not sure theybare even traveling to find it. Snow is very deep in north jersey for several weeks now. I dont know if I'd be helping or hurting by giving them feed.
I hate to see the herd suffer life this.. all animals.. I dojt know how anything could survive snow this deep for this long. Saddens me..

No worries Jay,  the deer are doing fine.  

First off there was no snow until the first week of February, it's only been 3 weeks and it's going to melt this week.   The deer only had to deal with 3 weeks of winter, that's getting off pretty easy.

Secondly, there are so many guys baiting that the deer are nice and plump, even though there were no acorns this year.

Third, even though the snow was deep it was soft with no ice crust on top, so they could maneuver through it.  In addition, there were 2 good thaws since then that melted and packed the snow down so even though it's still deep they are moving through it pretty easily.

Last and most importantly, you're not seeing any tracks at your place because the deer are all hanging out at your neighbor's.  He's feeding them a nice diet of corn, horse feed, and protein pellets.  They are fat and happy.  

Edited by Rusty

Deer by me showed some movement last week.........tracks and poop all over my backyard, most likely they came for the bird food.........and also a few days ago I saw a few crossing the stream by me early morning.......but for the most part they have been scarce........

No worries Jay,  the deer are doing fine.  
First off there was no snow until the first week of February, it's only been 3 weeks and it's going to melt this week.   The deer only had to deal with 3 weeks of winter, that's getting off pretty easy.
Secondly, there are so many guys baiting that the deer are nice and plump, even though there were no acorns this year.
Third, even though the snow was deep it was soft with no ice crust on top, so they could maneuver through it.  In addition, there were 2 good thaws since then that melted and packed the snow down so even though it's still deep they are moving through it pretty easily.
Last and most importantly, you're not seeing any tracks at your place because the deer are all hanging out at your neighbor's.  He's feeding them a nice diet of corn, horse feed, and protein pellets.  They are fat and happy.  

But what about the poor coyotes.. proabbaly starving

Seriously tho.. I always wonder how Ann these other animals survive..
What's a squirrel, rabbit, turkey or fox to downtown several weeks of snow over there head?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, JerseyJaysTaxidermy said:

Seriously tho.. I always wonder how any of these animals survive.
What's a squirrel, rabbit, turkey or fox to do with several weeks of snow over their head?

The vast majority of them are supposed to die.

For a population to remain stable its death rate has to be as high as its birthrate.  Wildlife populations have extremely high birthrates and so they need to have equally high death rates.  Unfortunately the vast majority of society no longer understands this, that's why the idea of animal rights is growing.   

Edited by Rusty
22 minutes ago, Rusty said:

The vast majority of them are supposed to die.

For a population to remain stable its death rate has to be as high as its birthrate.  Wildlife populations have extremely high birthrates and so they need to have equally high death rates.  Unfortunately the vast majority of society no longer understands this, that's why the idea of animal rights is growing.   

Besides how would vultures survive? :shock: