IGNORED

Remote Security Cams

dlist777

I'm looking for a good security camera to set up at a remote property.  I have a small hunting cabin on the property and would like to put some cameras on by the cabin and near some main access points away from the cabin.   Something that can run on solar and send pics / video.  I'd also like something I could view through on-demand via web browser (if this is even possible).  This is for security  mostly, not wildlife scouting.  Any recommendations appreciated.   I'm willing to spend for something reliable.  

TIA

Doug

Do NOT buy the Swann flood light cameras. A year or two ago, I bought one, put it outside my garage - and no matter how much I tuned the so-called "sensitivity" setting and adjusted the aim, it went off continuously. My neighbors across the street called me to complain about it - it kept going off all throughout the night and the light was very bright (I'll give them props for that - the light was bright). I would constantly get notifications on my phone when it tripped - I'd look at the video, and nothing. I went online and submitted a support ticket asking how I can fix it - to this day I never got a single response from their customer support department.

There's my review - crappy product, horrible customer support.

I ended up taking it down  and returned it. I had it for several weeks, so it's not like I put it up and complained after 1 day. It was something like 3 weeks of having to deal with it and trying to fix it with the settings and aim.

my secruity system allows me to view my cameras where ever i am. i tired ring and didnt like that i had to buy it every year. the system i have now is night owl. kit came with everything. 4 cams, 60' cables and the dvr. the dvr records 6 months of video at a time. picture is clear and i can zoom in. going on one year with these and no problems. i just view everything on my phone. it gives you alerts when the cameras pick anything up however just a leaf falling will set the cams off. the snow storms we have been having was setting the cams off and i had to turn off my alerts because it was getting annoying. they are small cams but still big enough that people can see them. IMO that alone would keep someone from doing anything, knowing that they are on camera. im happy with it. 

last fall i caught a guy walking down the road and started snooping around my boat. i was able to see his face. next time i saw him walking down the road i told him he was on camera looking around my boat. and he just gave me a blank look. havent seen him since.

Check out the Vosker cell cams for a good price point. 

They have one with a solar panel that I have been using as a trail cam on a food plot. 

Its been out since September on 1 set of Lithiums and the battery status still says 100 percent. 

If you want the best ,most reliable camera that will work in even the worst weather and miss nothing, then Reconyx is the camera

www.liftxrentals.com