IGNORED

Legal Weed is Coming!!!

Batsto

45 minutes ago, smittty said:

Murphy will tax the hell out of it and guys that smoke it will be buying it at the same places that they are now. From street dealers 

He can’t. We the voters voted in a max of state sales tax plus 2% and that is all. This state can’t even get taxing a “sin tax” right. 

I have no problem with legal weed what one does on ther own time or in there own home is no one’s business but that being said I do have a problem working with stoners and also being on the same roads as them. If they could come up with a test to tell if someone is under the influence then maybe I would be for it but until then I say no

1 minute ago, smittty said:

I have no problem with legal weed what one does on ther own time or in there own home is no one’s business but that being said I do have a problem working with stoners and also being on the same roads as them. If they could come up with a test to tell if someone is under the influence then maybe I would be for it but until then I say no

Not defending it but they do have the test already.  States that have already legalized it have had it but you know nj will make in confusing

I agree with many on here.  Would you purchase you canabis from a tax free untracked source or from big brother who will track you and tax you? That goes for anything really not just pot.  As far as driving it should be treated the same as alcohol.  Same goes for working or heavy machinery operation.  

as for private sector company policies.  If a company has in their rules no recreational use and an employee uses and gets caught that’s grounds for firing.  It’s all the independent business owners choice.

you don’t  read to many news stories of people smoking pot and getting in a fight.  Alcohol on the other hand you see bar fights all the time.

other then being able to buy it from a store I don’t think too much will change in the day to day.  

as for the tax I guarantee your property taxes will not see any break.  They grab from any angle they can here.

52 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

I wish all drunks were smoking weed instead. The world would be a much calmer and better place 

Not the way they operate vehicles while under the influence of it

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

About the tax on it ... isn't 25% of it going to DUI enforcement, and the rest going to the "communities impacted by the war on drugs?"  In other words ... more handouts for the good-for-nothings.

Murphy used to say that the money would go toward fixing the state's financial problems. I bet that's why many people voted for it.

You can't smoke pot and own guns.  That's still illegal at the federal level.  So if you do want to partake once it goes legal, get rid of all of your guns or be prepared to be arrested for a felony.  Legal weed is an anti-gunner's favorite thing.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

10 minutes ago, Jim_ said:

About the tax on it ... isn't 25% of it going to DUI enforcement, and the rest going to the "communities impacted by the war on drugs?"  In other words ... more handouts for the good-for-nothings.

Murphy used to say that the money would go toward fixing the state's financial problems. I bet that's why many people voted for it.

They have yet to vote on all of that apparently. Stay tuned. 

9 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

You can't smoke pot and own guns.  That's still illegal at the federal level.  So if you do want to partake once it goes legal, get rid of all of your guns or be prepared to be arrested for a felony.  Legal weed is an anti-gunner's favorite thing.

I think we will see weed decriminalized at the federal level. There seems to be enough support this year or next. Led by NJ’s own Booker.