Advice On Snowblowers

Looking to buy one once they go on sale soon.

Never owned one, but after this winter and back issues I can't deal with the pain at times

So as far as brand, size and engine what's your opinion on what I should look into?  Of course I'm looking for something that can handle above average NJ snowfall.....this winter here in North Jersey wasn't normal

Inherited my first one 3 years ago and just got to use it this year.  Made life easier, but I don't know much about the brands. It's a craftsman and still starts with one pull.  Don't need to use the electric starter.   One thing I can say is get one with a metal chute, not plastic.

I have a 30” Troy Built with I think a 347cc engine. It’s performed really well. My only gripe is that sometimes if the snow is already packed it doesn’t always have the traction to get under it. Makes me think I should’ve spent the extra $200 for the upgraded model with treads instead of wheels. Other than that it’s been outstanding. I do 3-4 houses and a bunch of street parking every storm though so it may be overkill for you.

26 or 28” is fine for most driveways here .

Aliens are the Cadillac machine , most others are made by MTD .

‘IMO they are tough to find on sale , seems everyone has the same idea ..

‘always put stabile in the fuel , and drain the carb bulb after use they are super trouble free.

‘IMO my snow blowers are the best money I have ever spent on anything I have ever purchased .

their time ease of use makes snow removal an easy quick task 

3 minutes ago, JimmyScags said:

I have a 30” Troy Built with I think a 347cc engine. It’s performed really well. My only gripe is that sometimes if the snow is already packed it doesn’t always have the traction to get under it. Makes me think I should’ve spent the extra $200 for the upgraded model with treads instead of wheels. Other than that it’s been outstanding. I do 3-4 houses and a bunch of street parking every storm though so it may be overkill for you.

I found if put at the slowest speed it will allow it to dig down .

‘when I do areas that are gravel I use it at a higher speed so it floats up an inch or so and doesn’t dig down .

After 30+ years of shoveling a 300' driveway by hand my wife told me that we were buying a snow blower.  :rofl:

I haven't used it myself yet but 2 years ago we bought a Cub Cadet 3X.  The Beard runs it when we get a deep heavy snow and I have to admit that it is pretty nice.  It blows through deep heavy snow without a problem.  

Screen Shot 2021-02-20 at 10.53.30 AM.png

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Ariens-Deluxe-28-28-in-254-cc-Two-Stage-Self-Propelled-Gas-Snow-Blower-with-Push-Button-Electric-Start-Power-Steering-Headlight-s/1000102373

This is the snowblower I have. Thing is awesome. With the big storm we had, I had zero issues getting through the apron and clearing the street curb line.  I highly recommend this blower. 

D4C3DF31-ABFA-4207-847C-28512A962BE9.png

17 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

I found if put at the slowest speed it will allow it to dig down .

‘when I do areas that are gravel I use it at a higher speed so it floats up an inch or so and doesn’t dig down .

Yeah, even on 1 it still gets above it. I’m thinking about chains maybe.