48 minutes ago, Bonefreak said:

Done!

although I have very little faith in the nerdy, book worm biologists who never stepped a foot on a boat yet they set regulations based on Quadratic calculus mathematical equations that fail the resource. 

Lol the guy from FG pushing for this is a HARDCORE. Fisherman .

‘hopefully he us the right guy to get the others ear 

On 2/20/2021 at 10:33 AM, hammer4reel said:

Guess you not seeing the slot size we are looking for . , it’s not simaler to redfish etc

right now fluke need to be 18” , it’s been proven that very few male fish are larger than 18” so we are only harvesting females .

‘since the increase to 18” happened putting all the harvest on females the spawning biomass has crashed .

when the limit size was 14- 16 1/2 “ and we were harvesting many keeper size males the biomass was at an all time High . And we had a super sustainable fishery .

What’s being asked is that 2 of the fish in the bag limit could actually be smaller fish of 16 1/2”.

right now If you fished and caught ten 17 1/2” fish . You are charged with harvesting 4 of those fish (release mortality of 40%)

. Since the limit is only 3, you over fished by 33% without actually taking a fish home ..

the slot is a lowering for a few fish to have a shorter size limit .

the slot I’m hearing 

(2) fish  17” - 22”

(1) fish 22”  and larger .

(3) fish maximum bag 

Done. I’d be good with this.  I’d like a decent fishery for my kids in the years to come.  Thanks for sharing for us all to get our input in. 

10 hours ago, Integracingsr said:

Done. I’d be good with this.  I’d like a decent fishery for my kids in the years to come.  Thanks for sharing for us all to get our input in. 

We fish raritan bay never out front what's the size limit for NY? I believe it's 19" you go across the imaginery line in Raritan Bay to the NY side u can't keep anything under 19". Correct me if im wrong.

44 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

So what is the explanation from the other side for resisting these changes. If this is so obvious, it makes sense to me, what are the experts saying? 

Experts in field feel under current management plans it will be another collapsed fishery .

‘yet the rule makers NMFS refuse to acknowledge they are missing the boat 

51 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

So what is the explanation from the other side for resisting these changes. If this is so obvious, it makes sense to me, what are the experts saying? 

What they been saying is a decline stocks with no Science behind it. Opps I’m sorry no good science in other words same old bs. NMFS is unfortunately one of the parts of the swamps that trump never got to what you guys need is a few stubborn guys like dan on the council to stand up to these pricks. And that may or get nothing done but at least you’ll have a few guys to fight for you all that knows a little something. This bunch of clowns that have seats know just Cave in and say there hands-are tied they just won’t stand up to the MMFS. Sad thing is that there right there hands are tied but who knows hopefully up the road a bit maybe some one will come around and pull the plug on them

1 hour ago, smittty said:

What they been saying is a decline stocks with no Science behind it. Opps I’m sorry no good science in other words same old bs. NMFS is unfortunately one of the parts of the swamps that trump never got to what you guys need is a few stubborn guys like dan on the council to stand up to these pricks. And that may or get nothing done but at least you’ll have a few guys to fight for you all that knows a little something. This bunch of clowns that have seats know just Cave in and say there hands-are tied they just won’t stand up to the MMFS. Sad thing is that there right there hands are tied but who knows hopefully up the road a bit maybe some one will come around and pull the plug on them

Sounds good. So what’s the next step? How do we get Hammer on the council? Seems like our only hope. :)

6 hours ago, Mallard1100 said:

Sounds good. So what’s the next step? How do we get Hammer on the council? Seems like our only hope. :)

He knows how to get on the council if he want it may be a little wait but he can get on there. He’s probably never gonna speak to me again for throwing him under the bus. But all kidding a side he believes what he believes in mostly because. He does he’s homework and I don’t think he will cave as easy as most. Sorry dan lol