IGNORED

About the cancelled 2020 hunting trips $$$$$$$

Lunatic

Our BC elk trip was cancelled last September due to Covid. We talked to the outfitter and we simply re scheduled the trip for September 2021.
As I am sitting here I don't have a warm fuzzy feeling about our chances of going in 2021. I don't think it will happen, Canada border is still closed.  
We were willing to push it one year but after that we would like to get our $3000 x2 deposit back and move on. We also booked a  hunt in US for 2022, so pushing it another year is not an option. 
Made a call yesterday to discuss this with the outfitter. Even before the call I was sure the chances of getting our deposit were slim.
Well I was right. He did not say no but he made it clear he is hurting and simply does not have the money. We will work this out with us  is the best he could do so I am guessing sooner or later I will be in BC hunting Elk.
Anyone had trips cancelled in Canada? How did it get resolved? Do you think the border will open? We need to pull the trigger by the first week in July so there isn't much time left.  

I would think by July they would would be able to make some decisions on open or close borders and hunting seasons and I am betting on open. The down side is will your outfitter stand by his/her word. I hope so for all. Good Luck I hope it all works out good.

Edited by bushden
SPELLING

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

As vaccine manufacturing gets cranked up and J&J is poised to get approval next week, I don't see why the border won't open by summer or late summer at worst.  But bad job by the outfitter for spending your money when he knows he could be responsible for paying it back.  My guess is you will hunt this fall.   

Jeez. That sucks. My bro’s Saskatchewan trip was postponed as well. 

The deviant Dems will have something new up their sleeves to retain control over the sheeple after the vaccines are fully rolled out....mite be a Kung Flu II variant, more social unrest, Mid East War, market crash, etc etc. 

I wouldn’t book anything out of the US....& would be sketchy bout booking anything anywhere for a long while.  Hunker down n stay tuned....guna be a rough road ahead. 

2 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

As vaccine manufacturing gets cranked up and J&J is poised to get approval next week, I don't see why the border won't open by summer or late summer at worst.  But bad job by the outfitter for spending your money when he knows he could be responsible for paying it back.  My guess is you will hunt this fall.   

Well I don't know about the "bad job by the outfitter". believe me I don't like it but I get it. 70% of his clients are international so he is hurting to survive. My money gets spent when he gets it but there always is a continuous flow of money. Then the flow gets cut of without a warning. There are many victims of this unfortunate situation.  I hope we go this September and if not then 2023

Thanks 

1 minute ago, Bonefreak said:

Jeez. That sucks. My bro’s Saskatchewan trip was postponed as well. 

The deviant Dems will have something new up their sleeves to retain control over the sheeple after the vaccines are fully rolled out....mite be a Kung Flu II variant, more social unrest, Mid East War, market crash, etc etc. 

I wouldn’t book anything out of the US....& would be sketchy bout booking anything anywhere for a long while.  Hunker down n stay tuned....guna be a rough road ahead. 

I agree, that's why we are going to Wyoming in 2022. We did not book anything new for this year because the Elk trip was bumped to September 2021

I'm going with Bonefreak's brother to Canada. We were canceled in 2020. Rebooked for 2021. I'm pretty confident  we'll be up there this year. With masks and a covid test yes. 

All outfitters are really hurting. Not there fault. They want you to hunt. And of course need the money. The money you pay goes to leases,lisences maintenance etc for that year. Now these poor guys had no income from hunting and still need to pay for everything mentioned previously. Where's that come from?

LET EM GO SO HE CAN GROW