IGNORED

Handgun recommendation compact

Horn63

I just applied for a handgun permit. I am looking for a compact 9mm that both my GF and I can shoot. May move out of NJ in the future so I want something I can CC. I already own a S&W 686 in stainless. Beautiful gun but not a great candidate for CC or home defense. What does everyone have that they love. Thanks 

Glock 43x (what I have and like) or sig p365sas with the bullseye sights. The sas was designed for concealed carry with nothing to get caught or catch when drawn. Very sleek. 

Edited by delvalhunter
Damn auto correct

Sometimes I think the world has gone completely mad. And then I think, "Aw, who cares?" And then I think, "Hey, what's for supper?"

14 minutes ago, flat9999 said:

Just to be clear, an S&W 686 is probably about as ideal a home defense handgun as your ever going to find. 

Didn't see it mentioned here, and not to detract from any other recommendations, but I urge you to seriously look at the Walther CCP M2.  It pretty much fits the role you're looking to fill exactly.

Problem with the 686 is I have kids and dont feel comfortable having it loaded. It is not easy to load in the middle of the night in the dark. I have speed loaders but that is not a huge help. Easier to slam in a magazine and work the slide than trying to load a revolver.