IGNORED

Salmon River Stealth Camping

GilV

The Village Inn is now $155 a night. Times have changed.

I Spoke to Stoney's a few years ago and thought his sites were $40. They are $20 off season and $25 September through November. I am going to stay there. They have a shower you can use for $1.50 a pop. Don't get better than that.

Thanks for the info.

Gil

Edited by GilV

I think that is now. During September through November it will be more. I am good to go. I will do Stoney's or the farmer by Orwell Creek. Stoney's doesn't open until later in April. I would like to fish March too. I may have to stealth camp then. I bought the Prius Saturday but my appointment to register it isn't until March 12th!

Thanks

Gil

I haven't been there in 20 years, when I was younger was there 3 to 4 days a week. Cought countless fish and made more memories then I can recount.

Quick trips always slept in back of my truck at "the portly angler" "super 8" or "red wood" 

If it wasn't for the rented "cops" I'd still be doing it.

Pulaski is nothing more than the "Jersey shore" - jwow

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

Not what it used to be that's for sure. I can remember waking up like a frozen ham loaf sleeping in the back of a Chevy van my second time there. The first time we had a room (in the only motel at the time) with a broken wall heater. 

Stoney's is about the best rough it spot up there.  I pitched a small tent there for a few nights many times. Slept in a zero bag on an air mattress. A small propane heater made it warm as toast. Coleman grill for cooking breakfast and supper and we were pretty much good to go.

In the early days we spent many a night in the back of the pickup along the river and on Leto Island in Oswego, too. No more, no more, sadly. I'll never forget those days. We did what we had to do.

Couldn't catch me on the river with those crowds! Would trailer my boat.Haven't been there in 30 years used to stay at the little sotus inn they had a boat ramp into little sotus bay $160 a week for a cabin. When the weather was rough which mostly the time it is a trailer down to Oswego and troll the circle behind the seawall.

https://www.orbitz.com/Pulaski-Hotels-Red-Carpet-Inn-Pulaski.h2863615.Hotel-Information

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt