Upstate New York Big Bucks

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

You mean Adirondacks?

Catskill Region and Adirondack Region are two different ecosystems and zones with different dates for openers and closures. Catskills is the Southern Tier with later openers and the Adirondacks are in the Northern Tier with earlier openers. You used to be able to use your tag for the prior year in the Northern Zone if you didn't use it and then buy another for the same year. About 6 years ago Cuomo changed the license system and dates that licenses expire. He also reduced the amount of combination licenses available. This was actually a good thing because it saved non residents money every year. Not a Cuomo fan, but I have to give credit where it is due 

Edited by Bucndoe
1 minute ago, Bucndoe said:

About 6 years ago Cuomo changed the license system and dates that licenses expire. He also reduced the amount of combination licenses available. This was actually a good thing because it saved non residents money every year. Not a Cuomo fan, but I have to give credit where it is due 

It was good for us NJ residents. !!

1 hour ago, Bucndoe said:

Catskill Region and Adirondack Region are two different ecosystems and zones with different dates for openers and closures. Catskills is the Southern Tier with later openers and the Adirondacks are in the Northern Tier with earlier openers. You used to be able to use your tag for the prior year in the Northern Zone if you didn't use it and then buy another for the same year. About 6 years ago Cuomo changed the license system and dates that licenses expire. He also reduced the amount of combination licenses available. This was actually a good thing because it saved non residents money every year. Not a Cuomo fan, but I have to give credit where it is due 

Good info. but not sure what it has to do with the question I asked.

Edited by Nomad
Just now, Bucndoe said:

Sorry, I though you were asking if they were the same. Been tailgating for Daytona so I'm a bit fuzzy right now

I'm sure he meant Adirondacks, because the Catskills are in the southern tier.  Probably should have just let it go.;)

6 hours ago, Nomad said:

I'm sure he meant Adirondacks, because the Catskills are in the southern tier.  Probably should have just let it go.;)

Nah he meant the Southern Zone. 3C is south and have APRs in that section. Northern Tier doesn’t have any APRs. I was thinking about heading south there for some hunting but next year I just have too much on my plate. I have Iowa next year (I’ll have enough points to draw). So I need to find time for both Iowa, which is my primary mission next year, and the Daks. Only get so much time off from work lol. 

10 hours ago, Nomad said:

What I did is click the  cross bolt safety to fire position and then installed a little rubber o ring around it.  This will keep it from being accidentally clicked on.  Then you never need to think about it again and just use the hammer as the safety like your other rifles.

Can get a safety delete from ranger point precision for $20. I’ve upgraded a bunch of my parts on my guide gun with their stuff. 5 minute install.
 https://rangerpointstore.com/marlin-safety-delete-replacement-plug-to-remove-cross-bolt-safety/