Upstate New York Big Bucks

Very nice buck bushden!

We hunted a property last few years in Hancock. Really nice deer on the property. We only took 3 bucks in last four years but we only had place for the opening weekend. We were all pretty selective cause of what we had on cameras. It was more of a get together with long time friends for 40+ years and our kids.  Unfortunately owner decided this year he wasn’t going to allow hunting anymore but we are still welcome to rent the home for the same weekend. He wants to keep the hinting part to himself going forward. So now we’ll be looking for a new lease. 

Have hunted Chenango County for about 15 years.  Absolutely love it up there.  Less deer, but bigger on average.  Have killed 5 bucks over the years, a spike, a 4, a 8, and two 9’s.  The two 9’s were legit bucks for most any state. Weather can be a challenge, and there is a lot of woods.  But sooner or later something walks by most years.  The key for us has been hunting funnels and edges.  If in the area, check out The Outpost in East McDonough.  Great food at a very reasonable price.  Filled with hunters.

45 minutes ago, Rjtfd said:

Very nice buck bushden!

We hunted a property last few years in Hancock. Really nice deer on the property. We only took 3 bucks in last four years but we only had place for the opening weekend. We were all pretty selective cause of what we had on cameras. It was more of a get together with long time friends for 40+ years and our kids.  Unfortunately owner decided this year he wasn’t going to allow hunting anymore but we are still welcome to rent the home for the same weekend. He wants to keep the hinting part to himself going forward. So now we’ll be looking for a new lease. 

A buddy of mines parents have property in fish's Eddie.  I will be turkey hunting and bow hunting there this year.  I have in the past and done ok but nothing big

4 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

A buddy of mines parents have property in fish's Eddie.  I will be turkey hunting and bow hunting there this year.  I have in the past and done ok but nothing 

5 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

A buddy of mines parents have property in fish's Eddie.  I will be turkey hunting and bow hunting there this year.  I have in the past and done ok but nothing big

2A6EACE8-356F-43B1-899D-8453B98F31FD.jpeg