IGNORED

Remington 7600 Police Patrol Carbine, NIB

Outandabout90

Remington 7600 Police Patrol Carbine, 308, NIB. This is a fairly rare gun that I bought new.  I’m asking $1600 and can meet in North Jersey for a FFL transfer. I don’t need to sell it but would like to get a 300 win for a upcoming moose hunt. 4/7/21 - I need a new turkey gun, I would take $1,000 for this if anyone is interested.

2A954F01-A976-452B-BF18-472804C45B67.jpeg

4AC35F17-CF8D-43DD-A520-C2AD9110A1B0.jpeg

43B1AF25-C8A3-4DC8-A4DB-59C0A7CECF54.jpeg

Edited by Outandabout90
Price drop

Those prices are insane. I was looking for a 760 carbine in .308 but I ain't paying those prices

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

I think the carbines are special runs and that's why they bring big money.

You have to remember there are people that have unlimited discretionary income that collect stuff, unlike most of us. My son just bought a used boat from a ESPN analyst. The guy has a $4.5 million home on the water in Maryland. He sold his used boat that had 100 hours on it, because he has a $550,000 new boat coming he paid cash for! $2500 won't fill his gas tank.

Edited by GilV

27 minutes ago, GilV said:

I think the carbines are special runs and that's why they bring big money.

You have to remember there are people that have unlimited discretionary income that collect stuff, unlike most of us. My son just bought a used boat from a ESPN analyst. The guy has a $4.5 million home on the water in Maryland. He sold his used boat that had 100 hours on it, because he has a $550,000 new boat coming he paid cash for! $2500 won't fill his gas tank.

Your carbine is a special run , and in the right caliber for it ..

LOTS  of carbines were made and sold in the 760 and 7600

‘the other calibers it was made in lacked the performance of the 35 because they were rounds designed to shoot out of longer barrels 

shooting them out of the normal 760 and 7600 they still performed well . In a carbine the other loads such as 06 they were not as accurate ‘nor did you get as great a performance out of the rounds .

‘since they were made for quick handling in tight cover the performance wasn’t as needed , and hunters sacrificed accuracy for the ease of handling 

the 35 and 35 whelen gave the best of both in the shorter barrel 

CC108BA0-A338-43B2-861D-0309C97CE31E.png

2DF450FE-9DD6-480E-AC94-D7B4DE98B7D7.png

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

The 760 carbines in .308 weren't made for as long as the 30-06's. They are a bit more difficult to find. Most people that have them won't part with them. I have one in 30-06 but would trade it for one in .308. 

Edited by Bucndoe

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

11 hours ago, trapoholic said:

That gun sells for $2500.00 on GunBroker!

I cannot imagine WHY that gun would sell for $2500 anywhere!!

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

3 hours ago, bushden said:

I cannot imagine WHY that gun would sell for $2500 anywhere!!

It don’t and won’t that gun keeps getting relisted it’s not been sold . How ever one did sell for  2000.00. But average selling price is mid to high teens that being said the price of 1600.00 the op is asking is a fair price

13 hours ago, Bucndoe said:

The 760 carbines in .308 weren't made for as long as the 30-06's. They are a bit more difficult to find. Most people that have them won't part with them. I have one in 30-06 but would trade it for one in .308. 

Why are you so partial to the .308 Cal cartridge?

Check out this one. This is a 35 Whelen carbine. Started at $.01, had 21 bids and sold for $2,225.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/891066037

Many people love Remington. It has a long history. They had the most accurate guns off the shelf. I shot a off the shelf Remington 700 .223 with hand loaded ammo and at 200 yards I had 2, 3 shot groups  5/8". I used a lead sled. I am no shooter, that was all the gun. 

How many of you cut your teeth on Remington, like an 870 or 1100? I had a Remington 3200 competition trap that many of you would have had a hard time me with. Where do you think Krieghoff got their action - Remington.

My 35 is as tight, smooth and well made as any before it

13 minutes ago, trapoholic said:

Why are you so partial to the .308 Cal cartridge?

Personal preference. The debate is almost as pointless as it is old. It's in the same category as Ford vs Chevy or Duke vs Victor

Edited by Bucndoe