IGNORED

MAINE BIG BUCK CLUB

Nomad

On 2/14/2021 at 7:58 PM, trapoholic said:

This is not a 200LB buck story. But the deer in these pictures was shot by the owner of the lodge where I stay in Maine. Every year he shoots a medium sized eight point. So our joke is that he that he stuffs it into a large freezer and pulls it out evey year to show his clients that there are deer out there to be hunted. The other pictures of the moose warning sign is on the road leading into Greenville. And the other is a view of the majestic Moosehead lake.

060.JPG

058.JPG

055.JPG

I hunted Maine once....shot a dressed 309 lb bear. Big for Maine. I am lucky enough to have a buddy who owns a lake house on Moosehead near The Birches Resort. Love this place....

https://indianhill.com/

Edited by nmc02

11 hours ago, BOWHIO said:

1917045571_20210215_163541(1).thumb.jpg.17b991ff1fa19b1d7ec84fa1cf25cb21.jpg20210215_163531.thumb.jpg.90f223a2863134c13816f0970a6c989f.jpg

Very nice congrats!  Hard to guess the weight with those pictures.  Big mature buck.  Big shoulders/neck, slim hind quarters, doesn't look too long.  Could be over or under 200.  You saw it in person.  Did you or others have any guesses on it's weight?

Edited by Nomad

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

Very nice congrats!  Hard to guess the weight with those pictures.  Big mature buck.  Big shoulders/neck, slim hind quarters, doesn't look too long.  Could be over or under 200.  You saw it in person.  Did you or others have any guesses on it's weight?

we never discussed weight,i dont think we where excited someone got one with the ML,

heres a trick the guy/guide to me to try ,put a stick against a tree that you can break with your leg , give it a karate chop to make a loud noise ,if there are any bucks around since its quiet up in maine they will hear it ,then you rattle your horns, i tried this one night while i was tracking what i belived was a buck print,i i heard something coming in but never saw it,must have winded me,anyway on the way out i got twisted around because i didnt back track, after hearing hte 3 shots of the guides pistol i was headed in the correct direction after all

My biggest buck (276# dressed) and biggest doe (201# dressed) were both shot in the big woods of northern Wisconsin if that counts.  Hunting big woods of maine is right up my alley though!  I never hunted maine probably because i dont know anybody that wants to really hunt up there with me!  Most everybody i know is all about bait piles and large deer populations!

1 hour ago, Gobblengrunt said:

My biggest buck (276# dressed) and biggest doe (201# dressed) were both shot in the big woods of northern Wisconsin if that counts.  Hunting big woods of maine is right up my alley though!  I never hunted maine probably because i dont know anybody that wants to really hunt up there with me!  Most everybody i know is all about bait piles and large deer populations!

X2! Why is the value of hunting placed on success? What ever happened to just walking an old logging road for miles and exploring what nature has for us to enjoy! For me, it is as simple as feeding a Canada Jay out of my hand! It does not bother me one bit if I never shoot another deer.