IGNORED

Cell cam batteries

hammer4reel

This maintained cold in the areas I have my cams out is absolutely crushing battery life .

Ran out of the energizers industrials , do been using regular energizers and Duracell’s .

usually get 4 to 5 weeks out of the industrial.

regular energizers only been getting 2 weeks .

duracells should pay us to use them .  Don’t even make a week ..

sucks when levels drop and that steady flow of  pics stops coming in .

will be switching all my spypoints out to their solar version come April when a new series comes out .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Most high end cell camera makers recommend lithiums, and some say they are better in colder temps then regular batteries......I run the lithiums in my Ridgetec and got 6 months out of them it died on December 27th. Also to save battery life with cell cams, is not to have it send pictures with every picture taken, it takes alot of power to connect with the server more so then taking pictures. Have the camera send pictures in batches.....This past season I had my camera set to send with every 10 pictures taken, I put it back out 2 weeks ago I have it set to send with every 50 pictures taken

13 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

This maintained cold in the areas I have my cams out is absolutely crushing battery life .

Ran out of the energizers industrials , do been using regular energizers and Duracell’s .

will be switching all my spypoints out to their solar version come April when a new series comes out .

I have two solar spypoints out seems to be about  3 months with A lot of foliage then I took them home charged for a day put back out the first week week in November and I’m still over 50%. That’s sending pics every two hours 

19 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Dan have you tried the lit 10 battery pack.  I ordered one mostly for next season but want to see the life out of them if good life i will order one for each cam an an extra.

I wanted a solar panel for my my camera, but when I was speaking to Mike from Herd360.com, he explained to me if my camera will be in the woods with heavy foliage the panel isn't worth it, as they need direct sunlight.....Now this time of year it may work better in the woods, but being I'm getting great battery life with lithiums I will stick with them

Only other problem with solar cams is your not supposed to charge lithium’s under 32 degrees .

‘while sunlight hours will usually be the warmest of the day , these days staying under 32 the charge feature can ruin the lithium’s 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

5 minutes ago, BHC said:

Dan, for shits and giggles try energizer lithiums and see how long they last versus the batteries you have been using.....just a thought 

I’m going to try some in a few cams this weekend .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

44 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

How much better do you think the Energizer industrials versus the Duracells?

Just now, electric10162 said:

How much better do you think the Energizer industrials versus the Duracells?

duracells suck .

‘energizer industrials lasted way longer than anything else ...

most times they lasted 5 to 8 weeks , sending lots of pics at the 12 times a day setting .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING