LOOKING TO PURCHASE A NEW CAR POSSIBLY 3

BOWHIO

Any reviews on the Chevy Traverse?, I'm looking to lease for 3 years.  Just to get back and forth to work...I was initially looking at the Ford Explorer, but the pricing is more than double.  Ken Beam (on this site) is a sales rep at Rossi in Washington NJ. He gave me the right numbers.

Why get rid of the Honda at all??  200k is just broken in.  If it has what she needs just maintain it.  My son is driving my 06 civic at 385k .  Get your money's worth out of what you buy.  My son is heading to college in the fall, so if you decide to part with the Honda let me know.  He plays hockey and would be great to transport his equipment around.  

7 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

Not a car guy , but my Dodge 1500 have  been great .

327000 on first , almost 150000 on the second one .

‘will definitely be buying a third  one .

Very little maintenance except , oil , brakes and tires 

Trucks are trucks. its a different category and I think American Trucks are good. 
My bad experience is with my wifes and my kids passenger cars. Almost uniformly bad on American side and  all good with several makes of Jap cars

I've been a GM truck guy all my life, ALL of my trucks have gone over 250,000 miles with just general maintenance . The last one 327,000 and the young man I gave it to is still driving it.

The Equinox and Traverse are good vehicles , BUT they do not have a delete button for the start/stop shut off feature ! The GMC versions of the same do have it , Something to consider .

If she spends that much time on the road, I would get a Volvo for the safety.  An XC60 certified used from a dealer.  You save money buying used and you can't beat the warrantee. And it's a safe car.

16 hours ago, FLDBRED-BDC said:

The Equinox and Traverse are good vehicles , BUT they do not have a delete button for the start/stop shut off feature ! The GMC versions of the same do have it , Something to consider .

That's correct ! We were looking at both the Equinox and Traverse but wound up with the GMC Acadia because of this and my wife loves the thing, she's out there now covering the thing with blankets because of the snow! lol

5 minutes ago, Mink said:

That's correct ! We were looking at both the Equinox and Traverse but wound up with the GMC Acadia because of this and my wife loves the thing, she's out there now covering the thing with blankets because of the snow! lol

I just bought a 2016 for my wife with 20000 miles love the 3rd row with the kids 

I have two Civics with a combined 400,000 miles that are still going strong. The way things are manufactured these days made in America means assembled here from Chinese steel or Japanese components etc. It's a Global market and a crap shoot as to where the parts come from. Stick with the Honda. 

3 hours ago, BOWHIO said:

Hey guys thanks for all of the responses I will be taking a ride to Rossi Chevrolet tomorrow as recommended by 2 readers here so I am making a note for the Arcadia ,lets see what happens  thanks to all

If your budget allows check the box for the V6 in the Acadia, the darn thing feels like a performance car!

Good luck w your car buying!

we are Honda n Toyota people even tho my gramps who served on the USS New Jersey in WWII would not appreciate it....but we have had luck w them running for a long time

we had 2005 CRV that ran great w 130k on it til she rear ended someone...so she got a used Honda Pilot 

I bought a used 01 Tundra w 38k on it that now has 188k and I’m guna drive it til I turn it over to my 14 yr old in a few years n get into another used tundra 

not sure how people can afford new cars nowadays....maybe try buying certified used cars from auto lenders n I wud keep that CRV in the family!

Well the deal is done my wife is HAPPY, We went in to look at a 2020 left over, but they told us it was damaged in the snow , Ken introduced us to ken, who led us to Dan a salesman who let us drive a new equinox but we where both not interested in it it felt weak and light compared to the Honda CRV, then we drove a Buick envision and she feel in love with it, my wife being a visiting nurse for Atlantic Health was able to get a discount as a first responder and all the other discounts Buick is running to the end of the month, we took the envision, then i was able to get the truck i wanted a 2018 Chevy 1500 Silverado , with the incentives and rebates no money down we walked out with 2 vehicles

Now i cant wait to hunt the farm in Ohio a put a great buck in it in November

I would recommend  Rossi Chevrolet for a vehicle, friendly  experiance

Thank to those who led me there