IGNORED

Overnight Oats

LPJR

11 hours ago, LPJR said:

Each year this same time I start making these for the mornings/lunch. Takes 5 minutes to make.  Packed with protein, is a good source of fiber, minerals and vitamins, and is high in antioxidants. 

You can add whatever you like as there are tons of ingredients that can be used. Banana Almond milk is key....So good! 

Resized_20210205_211311.jpeg

Resized_20210205_205043 (2).jpeg

Do you milk the bananas and almonds yourself?  :rofl:

Good quality oats and white rice are the only grains I'll eat, and even then it's occasionally.   Probably fine for  a breakfast from time to time, but not something I'd ever recommend to be a part of anyone's regular diet.  

12 minutes ago, BillW0323 said:

If you track your daily calories, macros and micro nutrients while keeping them all in check then it does not matter what time of day you eat them. 

Bill is spot on! I should have said that in my post.

I've been tracking my calories using an app called Fatsecret and it's great!

I'm 49 yo. 5'5" and weigh 145lbs

I try to keep my macros at 150g Protein, 50g Fat and 190g Carbs.

Hit the gym 4 times per week with resistance training and 45 min on the treadmill post workout

4 minutes ago, mightyhunter said:

Bill is spot on! I should have said that in my post.

I've been tracking my calories using an app called Fatsecret and it's great!

I'm 49 yo. 5'5" and weigh 145lbs

I try to keep my macros at 150g Protein, 50g Fat and 190g Carbs.

Hit the gym 4 times per week with resistance training and 45 min on the treadmill post workout

I strongly disagree with Bill and you but I don't feel like getting into this. If you think it works for you then have at it just make sure you really know what it does to your body. 

I'll eat most anything. My wife and her Mom are Mexican so rice is a staple as is beans, pork etc. When I cook it's more from my Italian heritage with less meat and more grains, pastas, etc. With the exception of some foods, I believe moderation is the key. A little of everything, even the bad things now and then is okay. Even an occasional cigar is fine. Life is to be enjoyed, best we can, so sample it all.

As an aside, I've been active my whole life. Triathlons, cross country biking, surfing, skiing and so one. I'll say this, all my less active, drinking, smoking friends go through the day without any aches and pains. Me, there are days everything hurts....:rant:What was that old Woody Allen movie sleeper. In the future what was bad in the past is now good for you.

17 hours ago, LPJR said:

Somewhat, yes. Raw oats are 66% carbs which is why I only have these twice a week. Low in sugar depending on what you put into it though....

Do you pour all of your moonshine out of those Mason jars before you start! 😆🤣😂

"All men die, not all men really live". WW