IGNORED

Seasons over...now what?

3 hours ago, Northjerseyoutdoorsman said:

Have you heard if the trout stocking will be back to normal this year or will it be one big dump like last year because of covid restrictions?

I have not heard anything "official" yet which I assume they will announce on their February fisheries meeting which will be a Zoom or such presentation.  Unofficially, I am being told same as last year.  Early dumps but no WCC volunteers able to stock some of the rivers we help them stock.   

1 hour ago, not on the rug said:

Nice video.  I'll keep an ear open for the ambulance when you nail one of those trees on the mountain.  :rofl:

Biking.  Hiking.  Shooting bows.  Shooting guns.  Haven't hit the slopes yet, but would like to ski a few times this year.

The usual exercise, lifting, etc.  

I've done some snowboarding with the kids when time allows. Really would like to get out west one of these days. 

1 hour ago, not on the rug said:

Nice video.  I'll keep an ear open for the ambulance when you nail one of those trees on the mountain.  :rofl:

Biking.  Hiking.  Shooting bows.  Shooting guns.  Haven't hit the slopes yet, but would like to ski a few times this year.

The usual exercise, lifting, etc.  

Haha Those trees are deffinitly coming up faster and faster now that the snow is packed down.  I guess the only good part is it will be easy to get me into the ambulance they can just roll me into my jetsled and slide me down the hill. The best is the looks I get from cars or the neighbors as I come down and ski next to the road  and into the driveway. We have to get together once it gets nice out and do some shooting. 

17 hours ago, OldMenRule said:

I've done some snowboarding with the kids when time allows. Really would like to get out west one of these days. 

I have a good buddy who was woking as a ski guide in the Aspen area for a while.  Great guy.  Had his left leg amputated below the knee when he was a baby and he never let that slow him down at all.  Dude was a great wrestler,  and now he spends his time skiing and mountain biking in one of the most beautiful places on earth.  I'll post a pic or 2 below.

16 hours ago, Northjerseyoutdoorsman said:

Haha Those trees are deffinitly coming up faster and faster now that the snow is packed down.  I guess the only good part is it will be easy to get me into the ambulance they can just roll me into my jetsled and slide me down the hill. The best is the looks I get from cars or the neighbors as I come down and ski next to the road  and into the driveway. We have to get together once it gets nice out and do some shooting. 

Lol.  

For sure man.  Happy to get together as soon as the weather breaks.

SmartSelect_20210205-155746_Instagram.jpg

SmartSelect_20210205-155706_Instagram.jpg

Edited by not on the rug

Patiently waiting for spring & the fishing that comes along with it. Early spring I will be all over the stripers starting in late March. Few things better than that first warm day in the back bay & the unexpected sunburn that goes with it.  Just typing it out gets me excited. 

From there I keep myself busy with fishing & golfing until September and then hunting starts all over again. Very cyclical and I love it.

I have been tossing around the idea of trying some turkey hunting this year, but most of my hunting is done on the weekend so the season isn't very long for me. Who knows, maybe with WFH being extend I will give it a try. 

Ice fishing season 

Slab crappie season 

Trout season 

Turkey season

Saltwater everything season (stripers, fluke, kayaking, spearfishing, triggerfish, tog, tuna, clamming, seabass, albies, bonita) notice I left out bluefish 😜 

Then back to early archery season and the vicious cycle repeats. 

If your passionate in all the disciplines then there’s never any down time.

Out twice with the camera after the snow.  Didn't go more than a quarter mile each time, and back.  Snow is over my boots and I refuse to try to sneak up on deer with snowshoes on.  Road bike is on the trainer in the bedroom for now, mountain biking once the trails are clear, on the roads with the road bike once they are clear of salt,  and shed hunting/scouting with camera after the snow is gone.  Maybe take a ride to PA for a day or two of turkey hunting, then it's garden time.  Everything that doesn't need social distancing or a mask.

i really concentrate on filling my firewood pile for next year. other then that its always trout season. and this year im running a small mink/rat line that goes until march 15.  also plan on shooting my bows more. gonna hold off on firearm shooting being the situation were in nowadys. fishing never disapoints. grab the rod and go hike the banks and streams. i have been craving my famous trout style crab cakes with sirachi mayo. 

I am going to take on a new stock for my Garand. I have it unfinished , have to fit it and finish it. It will keep me busy for a little while.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL