IGNORED

Addicted to Gunbroker

electric10162

6 hours ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

I am a member at Gun For Hire.  FFL transfers are $15, which is the NICS fee.  I think I've done 2-3 transfers there already.  That's member pricing.

That's a great deal. I had someone in their hierarchy ( Gun For Hire ) as a patient a while ago and he gave me a few cards to use the range for free. I never went, I'm not a fan of indoor shooting. Even on the coldest winter days I'd rather be outdoors. 

That said I took the kid to that Redloaderz place on 23.  It's a nice, clean and well organized establishment. The staff is friendly and the range guys were great. The only thing that pissed me off was the cost. It was $90 for two at one slot for an hour. The original cost was $30 per hour but when all these fees were added it shot up. I'm all for these places making a living and glad there are many around but hidden fees don't do them any justice. 

I'll admit is was amusing watching others shoot. It was really a circus, people shooting guns way to large for them. Guys bringing cannons and insisting that their girlfriends/wives shoot them. There was one poor petite lady whose spouse insisted she fire a 12ga shotgun. She literally fell on her ass and walked away in tears. 

I apologize, I'm rambling on here but a goofy story in regards to indoor ranges. A million years ago my uncle Nunzio took me shooting at a range in Hoboken. It was a walk from our house. He was a Korean War vet who had seen combat and enjoyed shooting. The guy was just huge. He would crush walnuts in his hands ( that of course fits into the growing up Italian post ) I don't recall what we were shooting but a round ricocheted back hit him in the chest or shoulder. It didn't penetrate, he just gave it a  rub, called me an asshole and we went back to shooting..!      

1 hour ago, OldMenRule said:

That said I took the kid to that Redloaderz place on 23.  It's a nice, clean and well organized establishment. The staff is friendly and the range guys were great. The only thing that pissed me off was the cost. It was $90 for two at one slot for an hour. The original cost was $30 per hour but when all these fees were added it shot up. I'm all for these places making a living and glad there are many around but hidden fees don't do them any justice.  

Me and a buddy went to Gun For Hire where I am a Silver member.  I had all of the guns, ammo, and gear.  Cost us less than $30 for the hour for both of us.

I took a look at Reloaderz before they were opening.  They said they would not allow hollow point ammo at the range, and they also said they were going to inspect your gear before you brought it onto their range.  I've since emailed them about that and never heard back.  I'll never go there.  I literally drive right past it on my way to Gun for Hire.  No reason to stop.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

1 minute ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

Me and a buddy went to Gun For Hire where I am a Silver member.  I had all of the guns, ammo, and gear.  Cost us less than $30 for the hour for both of us.

I took a look at Reloaderz before they were opening.  They said they would not allow hollow point ammo at the range, and they also said they were going to inspect your gear before you brought it onto their range.  I've since emailed them about that and never heard back.  I'll never go there.  I literally drive right past it on my way to Gun for Hire.  No reason to stop.

I won't go back. I usually shoot at Cherry Ridge which I think a beautiful range. I'll stick with the great outdoors...

1 hour ago, OldMenRule said:

That's a great deal. I had someone in their hierarchy ( Gun For Hire ) as a patient a while ago and he gave me a few cards to use the range for free. I never went, I'm not a fan of indoor shooting. Even on the coldest winter days I'd rather be outdoors. 

I'll admit is was amusing watching others shoot. It was really a circus, people shooting guns way to large for them. Guys bringing cannons and insisting that their girlfriends/wives shoot them. There was one poor petite lady whose spouse insisted she fire a 12ga shotgun. She literally fell on her ass and walked away in tears. 

I apologize, I'm rambling on here but a goofy story in regards to indoor ranges. A million years ago my uncle Nunzio took me shooting at a range in Hoboken. It was a walk from our house. He was a Korean War vet who had seen combat and enjoyed shooting. The guy was just huge. He would crush walnuts in his hands ( that of course fits into the growing up Italian post ) I don't recall what we were shooting but a round ricocheted back hit him in the chest or shoulder. It didn't penetrate, he just gave it a  rub, called me an asshole and we went back to shooting..!      

Cherry Ridge Range in Vernon is the best deal going!

Just now, OldMenRule said:

I won't go back. I usually shoot at Cherry Ridge which I think a beautiful range. I'll stick with the great outdoors...

I am a life member at Cherry Ridge.  I like the indoor ranges so I can shoot in crappy weather.  The booths are actually really nice for pistol shooting, which is the only thing I really do at Gun for Hire.  When I am at Cherry Ridge I am usually shooting long guns.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

1 hour ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

I am a life member at Cherry Ridge.  I like the indoor ranges so I can shoot in crappy weather.  The booths are actually really nice for pistol shooting, which is the only thing I really do at Gun for Hire.  When I am at Cherry Ridge I am usually shooting long guns.

I recall a bitter winters day shooting in Cherry Ridge. Me and one other guy were the only ones there. He was shooting a bunch of WW1 and WW2 bolt action guns. I was shooting my Garand and a couple of more modern bolt action guns. Really nice guy, we spent a few hours just taking turns with each others weapons. First and only time I shot an Enfield and an old Springfield.