IGNORED

20 gauge slug reloads.

GilV

I had posted "Anybody Reloading 20 Gauge Slugs" in this thread, since then I have found a lot of information. I ordered and received a good amount of supplies. I am still waiting for more to come in.

I am going to be reloading and testing BPI DGS20 and Thug slugs, Fury Custom Ammunition Plastic Wad Base slugs, Svorog Match and Hornady XTP and FTX .45 cal bullets (can also use 50 cal. but using 45 for the present). They will range from $.93 to $1.67 a round when using new hulls. A little less when reloading used hulls. The Svorog Match could wind up being $.26 a round with new slugs and less when hulls are reused.

12 gauge users have a much greater selection than 20 gauge.

I am not looking for the cheapest, I am looking for the most accurate in my gun. Once I find which ones are accurate to 100 yards, I will load up on supplies and never be held hostage by ammo manufactures or high prices. I will also be able to practice often.

I will let you know what I find out testing.

Thanks for the earlier information.

Gil 

Edited by GilV

Well done.  I am willing to bet you will have better results with your own and not miss factory slugs 

Edited by CJ3a

I spent most of my money on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.

Looks like you are doing a through job on your research, please  keep us informed step by step of you progress. I am looking forward to see how this turns out and try it myself.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL