IGNORED

Unspeakable Evil

Zipper

On 1/31/2021 at 8:16 AM, Michael Britt said:

It's so ridiculous when articles or TV news stories struggle to find a motive. The motive is sin!

Sin is not the  motive. Motives make people sin since no one actually does something sinful just to sin.   

1 hour ago, Lunatic said:

It is a crazy story for sure. So many things that could have happened. Maybe the surviving guy killed them all?

I'm not a betting man... but if I was, I would wager some cash that the story that was originally told is not what really happened. I have no idea if I'm right - just my opinion - but after reading about that lake and the craziness that goes on there (no one that hunts that place appears to be surprised something like this finally happened), I simply can't believe the old guy just motored up to 3 random hunters, loaded up his gun after "asking" if he could hunt with them and they said "yes", and shot them dead. SOMETHING happened between the kids and that old guy - and we might never know. It could be as stupid as the kids shot at his "swing" birds, and the old man got pissed. It could be they got in an argument earlier in the morning. But I have a hard time believing it was just a random act by a old man who went insane.

2 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

I'm not a betting man... but if I was, I would wager some cash that the story that was originally told is not what really happened. I have no idea if I'm right - just my opinion - but after reading about that lake and the craziness that goes on there (no one that hunts that place appears to be surprised something like this finally happened), I simply can't believe the old guy just motored up to 3 random hunters, loaded up his gun after "asking" if he could hunt with them and they said "yes", and shot them dead. SOMETHING happened between the kids and that old guy - and we might never know. It could be as stupid as the kids shot at his "swing" birds, and the old man got pissed. It could be they got in an argument earlier in the morning. But I have a hard time believing it was just a random act by a old man who went insane.

Either that or survivor shot the two younger guys, old man pulls up to see what happens, survivor shoots old man since he was a witness, and puts blame on him. I'm not buying the whole swing birds argument at all. The old man had apparently been hunting that lake for 50 years. He's definitely dealt with way more than some swing birds during that time. The survivors story doesn't make sense at all. Hopefully the truth comes out one day but no matter how you cut this cake, we'll never know what actually happened. 

Don't get me wrong - I'm not even suggesting that the old man didn't do it (I'm sure he was the murderer)... but what I am suggesting is that I'm not so sure the 3 were randomly picked. Maybe they fought with the old man that morning or the day before or at the boat launch? I'm not saying they deserved being killed even if they did have words with the old man - but what I am saying is it is far more likely that the old man had a reason (no matter how stupid the reason is). The only survivor may not be giving out that part of the story because he doesn't want it to look like they instigated the attack.

Or - maybe the old man had a run-in with different guys that happened to have hunted that blind the day before, and he was out to get them, and it was a case of mistaken identity?

The story that is out right now is that it was random - the old man had mental illness (I read in a couple places "dementia") and he just snapped, drove up to a blind with 3 guys in it, and started blasting away after asking to hunt with them. But then I have to say, "If the old man had dementia - how is it that he even managed to drive to the ramp, launch a boat all by himself, get to his spot all by himself - all the while being mentally unhinged enough to then randomly pick a blind full of guys to kill?" And why would his family and/or friends even let him attempt to go out on his own if he had dementia?

Or.... maybe I just don't want to think that the woods could be home to random murderers (it's hitting home because just a couple months ago we had a bow hunter also murdered, and this one was near one of my regular hunting spots - murdered by a guy that was just released from prison several months prior - this is now twice in a few months something like this happened - assuming the duck hunting incident was also a case of random murder).

8 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

The story that is out right now is that it was random - the old man had mental illness (I read in a couple places "dementia") and he just snapped, drove up to a blind with 3 guys in it, and started blasting away after asking to hunt with them. But then I have to say, "If the old man had dementia - how is it that he even managed to drive to the ramp, launch a boat all by himself, get to his spot all by himself - all the while being mentally unhinged enough to then randomly pick a blind full of guys to kill?" And why would his family and/or friends even let him attempt to go out on his own if he had dementia?

Dementia does not disable you. You can drive the boat, pay your bills, go shopping and then it kicks in and you snap to be a completely irrational individual doing unthinkable things.

• 2 weeks later...