IGNORED

can I install a slop sink here?

Kype

my basement does not have a slop sink but i have a place for it, im wondering if i can i can install one here

first pircture is where the sink would go. the mini fridge would be gone and sink would go here

KIMG1816.thumb.JPG.9d6f5dcf0cd77c78d2009dddf24da4fe.JPG

second picture is the closest water supply which is my washer machine water supply

KIMG1817.thumb.JPG.46e542c835f38f38af368bfb23bd8e55.JPG

third picture is the drain. the black hose is my washer machine drain hose

KIMG1818.thumb.JPG.d502f03d700876e43382535346946fbd.JPG

im not real good with plumbing as far as what can go where with it working and draining properly. if worst case i would put a 5 gallon bucket under the sink for the drain and just empty it myself. i just want running water and a sink in my basement. 

I'm not a plumber.  I have one in my basement. Washer discharge goes into sink.  Sink drain goes into self contained basin with sump pump that goes up to main sewer.   So it's possible, you may simply need to plumb your slop sink into that existing discharge your washer is using, but I don't know anything about the rest of your plumbing.  You'll want to be sure you have venting if you use that existing drain pipe which looks like a vent.  

Yes Kyle you can do it! Gravity feed into your existing PVC drainage pipe. Drill/holesaw six to ten inches below the level of the bottom of your sink basin, install fittings clamp your hose on you're good to go.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

This is a sink.

IMG_0214.thumb.jpeg.431c725f706470246d0672d5dc43c1fc.jpeg

You'll see to the left of the sink is a bunch of PVC.  There is a pump behind there that has one inflow and two outflows.  One of the outflows goes to the sewer line and the other one back into the sink if it gets clogged.  I also got one of those commercial kitchen sprayers for the sink.  You can find them online, and I strongly recommend getting one.  If you need to clean something in the sink, it is the right tool to have.

IMG_0215.thumb.jpeg.8609d1f2eee1eae8a3d228dd49a0462a.jpeg

That's what the pump looks like.  That square thing on the top is a filter that occasionally needs to be cleaned.

IMG_0216.thumb.jpeg.c8fa82e6dc5cbf445b0203d5bcbfe74b.jpeg

That's how the pump connects to the sewer line.  It doesn't have a trap, but in the earlier picture of the pump you'll notice a green check valve that is near the bottom of the pump.  You'll need the check valve to prevent any flow back into the pump from the discharge and sewer line.

IMG_0218.thumb.jpeg.9ecff9ce3fd07116c528451a4397d3fa.jpeg

That's what it looks like under the sink.  Trap and then it goes into the pump on the left.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

8 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

Why do you need a gallon of vegetable oil in your basement?  Or should I not ask?

Used for color only knucklehead.

https://www.jlconline.com/tools/making-and-using-a-water-level_o

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

14 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

Why do you need a gallon of vegetable oil in your basement?  Or should I not ask?

It's actually spent oil.  See @hunterbob1's genius.  I also use it to prime pumps and other stuff.  Burns good too.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

You can go into your main sewer line so long as you can make a connection straight from the trap under your sink into the sewer. Cut a T into the sewer line at that level. If not possible and entry to the sewar line would have to be above the trap you need to use an ejector

AWM