IGNORED

Just home from Coues hunts

Shug

I just spent the last three weeks  away.

one week in Arizona two weeks in Mexico.

The Arizona trip was with my friend and bow hunting legend Bob Ameen, one of the most respected and successful bow hunters in the world.

We drove his Polaris 15 miles into the mountains then hiked into his tent camp. Bobs been doing this for 15 years or so. He leaves all his stands in as well as the camp. In 15 years he’s only seen one other hunter.

Mountain lions were everywhere which has really brought the deer numbers down so we were fortunate to both take bucks... Bob’s was a dandy 4 x 4 that had a broken point and still will score high 80 inches...

Mine was a 3 x 2 that is right at the P and Y minimum. It’s funny to see these deer and how small they are.

I was fortunate that the very first time I hunted them I took one of the biggest in the world with the bow.

After a week in Arizona I met up with some other friends and we drove to the ranch in Mexico. 

6 of use leased 30,000 acres that we had 10 tags for...I was the last person that joined the group so I was only  allowed one bucks which didn’t make a difference. Because I didn’t kill one anyway.  I passed a couple bucks that were a bit larger then the one I took in Arizona a week earlier.

The ranch hadn’t been hunted in years so I knew the opportunity for a dandy was there... On the 4 th day the rain started which shuts water holes down...

Still a great trip over all I look forward to doing it next year again.

These 8 bucks were killed the first 3 days one other bucks was taken but the hunter went home already.

The button buck was the camp pet.. pretty cool

The last photo is the one I was hoping to see..

3AE3A658-C809-4043-AB75-09D373B26DFA.jpeg

B8F5670F-A6C8-4FD4-AE77-7FCA08FD9DB4.jpeg

ADE7C099-C693-4D55-B51A-94CF7C36E003.png

1EE603AD-21EF-43AC-BA47-79F517CCF6CB.png

315D1342-4EE0-44C0-B24C-0B5BE9341331.jpeg

Edited by Shug

Sounds like a great hunt of a lifetime. :up:

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

4 minutes ago, Shug said:

I just spent the last three weeks  away.

one week in Arizona two weeks in Mexico.

The Arizona trip was with my friend and bow hunting legend Bob Ameen, one of the most respected and successful bow hunters in the world.

We drove his Polaris 15 miles into the mountains then hiked another 3 miles to his tent camp. Bobs been doing this for 15 years or so. He leaves all his stands in as well as the camp. In 15 years he’s only seen one other hunter.

Mountain lions were everywhere which has really brought the deer numbers down so we were fortunate to both take bucks... Bob’s was a dandy 4 x 4 that had a broken point and still will score high 80 inches...

Mine was a 3 x 2 that is right at the P and Y minimum. It’s funny to see these deer and how small they are.

I was fortunate that the very first time I hunted them I took one of the biggest in the world with the bow.

After a week in Arizona I met up with some other friends and we drove to the ranch in Mexico. 

6 of use leased 30,000 acres that we had 10 tags for...I was the last person that joined the group so I was only  allowed one bucks which didn’t make a difference. Because I didn’t kill one anyway.  I passed a couple bucks that were a bit larger then the one I took in Arizona a week earlier.

The ranch hadn’t been hunted in years so I knew the opportunity for a dandy was there... On the 4 th day the rain started which shuts water holes down...

Still a great trip over all I look forward to doing it next year again.

These 8 bucks were killed the first 3 days one other bucks was taken but the hunter went home already.

The button buck was the camp pet.. pretty cool

The last photo is the one I was hoping to see..

3AE3A658-C809-4043-AB75-09D373B26DFA.jpeg

B8F5670F-A6C8-4FD4-AE77-7FCA08FD9DB4.jpeg

ADE7C099-C693-4D55-B51A-94CF7C36E003.png

1EE603AD-21EF-43AC-BA47-79F517CCF6CB.png

315D1342-4EE0-44C0-B24C-0B5BE9341331.jpeg

Congratulations Mark!