IGNORED

New Online Handgun Permit Turnaround Time

NotJust22s

1 minute ago, NotJust22s said:

Completely different now, all online, no paper.

Correct. If you applied before Oct 1 you get a paper permit. October 1, 2020 on it is an Epermit. E-FID cards are going to be rolled out in 2 to 3 months

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

5 hours ago, Bucndoe said:

Incorrect. As soon as it is paid for the next email sent to the applicant is the permit. It can be done right away. The whole idea behind the implementation of FARS was to speed up the process. Covid, the shutdowns, burning cities down, defund the police, and the election caused massive delays

Sorry, it's the law.  And I was incorrect, it's seven days.  Here is the law (N.J. Stat. Ann. § 2C:58-2a(5)(a)):

5. No handgun shall be delivered to any person, other than a licensed or registered retail or wholesale dealer or

manufacturer, or a law enforcement agency as provided by this chapter, unless:

i. Such person possesses and exhibits a valid permit to purchase a handgun and at least seven days have elapsed since

the date of application for the permit;

https://www.state.nj.us/njsp/info/pdf/firearms/njac-title13-ch54.pdf

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

7 hours ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

Sorry, it's the law.  And I was incorrect, it's seven days.  Here is the law (N.J. Stat. Ann. § 2C:58-2a(5)(a)):

https://www.state.nj.us/njsp/info/pdf/firearms/njac-title13-ch54.pdf

That is on the retail end, not on the permitting end. The FARS system won't allow anything contrary to the NJ statutes. That is how the system is programmed

Edited by Bucndoe

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

1 hour ago, Bucndoe said:

That is on the retail end, not on the permitting end

The first one we tried to push through below the 7 day mark we got a red flag for. I submitted for approval and when our CLEO went to do the final approval, he was told he couldn’t. I didn’t ask if it was directly through FARS or NJSP but we had to wait the 7 days before hand. We’ve never ran into that scenario in prior years though. 

54 minutes ago, Jcol6268 said:

The first one we tried to push through below the 7 day mark we got a red flag for. I submitted for approval and when our CLEO went to do the final approval, he was told he couldn’t. I didn’t ask if it was directly through FARS or NJSP but we had to wait the 7 days before hand. We’ve never ran into that scenario in prior years though. 

Its the FARS system. It won't allow it. It is similar to the programming on the back end and the way the permits automatically renew after 90 days if not executed. The system is set up to be consistent with and comply with the NJ statutes

4 hours ago, Bucndoe said:

That is on the retail end, not on the permitting end. The FARS system won't allow anything contrary to the NJ statutes. That is how the system is programmed

The system is programmed not to release permits.  I tried this already in my township.  My town wanted to give me my permit because it was ready, but the system would allow them to issue the permit until a waiting period was over.  They tried a few different ways, and the system would not issue the permit.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

10 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

The system is programmed not to release permits.  I tried this already in my township.  My town wanted to give me my permit because it was ready, but the system would allow them to issue the permit until a waiting period was over.  They tried a few different ways, and the system would not issue the permit.

Correct. However there is a 2 step Approval process inside the system before it can be released to email to be used. I believe we are talking about the same thing.

Edited by Bucndoe

3 hours ago, Jcol6268 said:

You never ran into before because the dates were manually entered on the paper permits when they were typed up

Applied about a month ago. same results references done and state police done in like 3 days.

Have not heard anything from local PD 

I live in Manchester nj and assume they are not anti gun here. I have gotten permits the old way here. 

I am patient and just figured i would pick up a couple when i get it .