Decided to try and do a pork shoulder overnight and see how it went. 

Put on the zgrill at 2100 last night and went to bed. 

Awoke a wee bit earlier than usual but got up and took a peek at quarter to seven and it looks good as seen in the pic. 

I was also pleased to see it only used about 2" of pellets, which means lord knows how much in weight but can't be that much.

Also threw on a little bit ago a smaller pork shoulder for a friend and a chuck roast to try pulled beef sammich's. 

When those are all done I will be putting a turkey breast on at a higher temp.

IMG_6667.jpeg

63300905381__D0DBB7DD-149F-46BB-A59B-FB13A4003EA7.jpeg

7 minutes ago, rossbowhunter said:

the easiest thing to smoke by far is a boston butt, i do smoke for 2 hours and slow cook @210 for (depending on weight) about 20 hours, but its almost like set and wait for tomorrows dinner....man it comes out great everytime.

You almost can't screw up a pork shoulder. Just about the only thing you can do wrong is undercook it. 

1 hour ago, rossbowhunter said:

the easiest thing to smoke by far is a boston butt, i do smoke for 2 hours and slow cook @210 for (depending on weight) about 20 hours, but its almost like set and wait for tomorrows dinner....man it comes out great everytime.

20 hrs? :shock: wow. 
I never cooked anything for that long. At 225 my shoulder falls apart after 12 hrs 

6 minutes ago, Kype said:

looks awesome. im smoking a brisket this weekend. first brisket for me. every month i try something new. 

I've been getting Briskets at Sam's Club. Whole PRIME Briskets for $2.68 a pound. Wish I had more room in the freezer. 

Chuck roast came out very tasty but not as tender as the pork a little hard to shred, gotta learn to go by feel of tenderness not temp.

Turkey breast came out awesome, extremely juicy. Did not inject or brine, only a dry rub and smoked in broth.

IMG_6674.jpeg

63305197140__F0824188-7E85-4791-B733-9D0EEE606D41.jpeg