Chest waders,mainly for waterfowl hunting

I have waders but are looking for camo and more insulation in the boots. They're 6 years old,not leaking so far,they are brown neoprene with 200gr i bought at Sports Authority.

Prefer camo and atleast 600gr of insulation,handwarmer pouch,D rings for shell holder pouch and possibly shell loops

What is everyone using?

how long have they lasted? 

I looked at 3 online listed at Bass Pro that were $129 to $199. The cheaper of the 3 had the most insul but horrible reviews

i figure on spending $230. 

9 minutes ago, rgw said:

You will never get 6 years again

Ain't that the truth. Don't get me going on just rubber boots out on the market now.. but I bought some of those really "nice" Cabelas SuperMag hunting waders (I think I paid $200 on sale - normally they are $250) - this is my 2nd year with them - one of the seams on the boot split open - I managed to seal them up with marine epoxy (already had to apply the epoxy a second time - it works, but they will eventually split again). How they expect you to pay a couple hundred on waders that won't even last 2 years annoys the !#%$^ out of me... and Cabelas doesn't even have their lifetime warranty anymore for when failures like this happen (thanks, BassPro :whatever:).

Rubber boots and waders - from now on, I'm going to buy the cheapest I can find... if they aren't going to last more than a couple years anyway (regardless of price) might as well by the cheap ones that last just as long.

Edited by mazzgolf
1 hour ago, mazzgolf said:

Ain't that the truth. Don't get me going on just rubber boots out on the market now.. but I bought some of those really "nice" Cabelas SuperMag hunting waders (I think I paid $200 on sale - normally they are $250) - this is my 2nd year with them - one of the seams on the boot split open - I managed to seal them up with marine epoxy (already had to apply the epoxy a second time - it works, but they will eventually split again). How they expect you to pay a couple hundred on waders that won't even last 2 years annoys the !#%$^ out of me... and Cabelas doesn't even have their lifetime warranty anymore for when failures like this happen (thanks, BassPro :whatever:).

Rubber boots and waders - from now on, I'm going to buy the cheapest I can find... if they aren't going to last more than a couple years anyway (regardless of price) might as well by the cheap ones that last just as long.

Those waders are the ones that are $129 with the horrible reviews on Bass Pro...they're better that than what i have and the 2 others listed in the search filter. But i will not buy them.

10 minutes ago, rem870hunter1 said:

Those waders are the ones that are $129 with the horrible reviews on Bass Pro...they're better that than what i have and the 2 others listed in the search filter. But i will not buy them.

The neoprene on those are great - tough, and thick. And the knee pads are nice. But the  boots SUCK. They are horrendous - completely destroys whatever good the rest of the waders provide you. If they would put good boots on these waders, I'd buy them again - but until they do that, no thanks.

There was 2 Rogers breathables Toughman 2 in 1 and Working man in my price range and a Frog Toggs a little outside it...Too bad they're not local,i like to try stuff on. They're out of stock on my size too.. 10 Reg. I like the removable insul liner..140gr doesn't sound much but better than none at all.

Edited by rem870hunter1

somewhat off topic, but i had the same pair of muck boots for many many years. trapped, fished, and hunted with them. my next pair of mucks lasted one year and the soles peeled off. i wanna buy another pair of mucks because i like the way they fit and feel but not if they are a one year pair of boots. 

first pair was the regular brown ones, second pair was camo. i was really impressed with my first pair. second pair, not at all. i had to gorrilla glue the soles back on. 

1 hour ago, Kype said:

somewhat off topic, but i had the same pair of muck boots for many many years. trapped, fished, and hunted with them. my next pair of mucks lasted one year and the soles peeled off. i wanna buy another pair of mucks because i like the way they fit and feel but not if they are a one year pair of boots. 

first pair was the regular brown ones, second pair was camo. i was really impressed with my first pair. second pair, not at all. i had to gorrilla glue the soles back on. 

Been thinking about getting a pair of those...but uhm maybe not

54 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

I go through a set of hip waders a year. I knock the snot out of them during trapping season. I have others I use strictly for fishing

Those aren't so bad cost wise,i've had 3 pair of those i only used for fishing,they dry rotted before tearing while wearing happened. I over stepped a few times in dark water and got a wet leg with them.